“The Nachos Weren't Nachos!”
Review of Cafe Del Sol

Cafe Del Sol
Ranked #11 of 272 Restaurants in Hagerstown
Reviewed July 11, 2014

Oh my is this place good. My wife and I visited on our way back from Ocean City to West Virginia and looked up top places to eat on Trip Advisor that weren't far from the highway. It was difficult to find at first, but goodness was it worth the extra minutes figuring out its location. It's set back from the road in a small strip mall-like building. Not what I think of when I want great food, but the edifice does no justice to the interior. It's modern setting is casual and inviting and the food....the food was really good. We ordered crap nachos as an appetizer, but the nachos were actually homemade potato chips. We had just come back from the beach and this was the best seafood we had on the trip. I had a portobello mushroom salad that was awesome and my wife's Cabo sandwich was so large she could barely fit it in her mouth. Great food and we'd definitely stop here again.

1  Thank Aaron B

Reviewed July 3, 2014

Early Sunday evening dinner with my wife and a few relatives. The restaurant sits in a very unassuming storefront which borders a mostly residential neighborhood. The menu covers everything from pasta to pizza to paninis to Mexican to seafood. We had a crab nachos appetizer that was very good. Our entrees included an excellent turkey wrap, a really nice panini, and two huge calzones. Very reasonably priced and above average service.

Reviewed May 5, 2014

My wife, daughter and I stopped at the Cafe del Sole on our way back from Florida. I had chose the place from the reviews on Tripadvisor.

We arrived there at lunch time. It was packed. Good indication? Maybe.

We had to wait to order because it was so busy. We ordered a pizza along with a salad (our time was limited because we were on the road). The pizza took a looooooooong time. We waited and waited. If you are in a rush, pick another restaurant.
When we got our salad it was delicious. When we got our pizza it was likewise delicious.
If you have the time, try this restaurant. It is worth the wait.

1  Thank CanadaPeter
Reviewed April 25, 2014

It felt like fast food with table service. Food was fast food quality, drinks watered down service barley standard and plastic feeling. Would never go back

Reviewed April 18, 2014 via mobile

Such a great menu! Variety of salads, sandwiches, pizza, gyros. Consistent & excellent cuisine and service. Great change of pace to the many chain options in Hagerstown.

1  Thank MegS126