“Not Good At All”

Sitar of India
Ranked #61 of 272 Restaurants in Hagerstown
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Excellent little family restaruant with great food
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Waiters seemed sloppy like they did not care about their appearance. Buffet was not good very short on food and the flavors were off. I love a curry but they need practice. i would not recommend.

1  Thank Art S

Reviewed May 20, 2013

Several weeks ago I visited Sitar of India. Over the years, I have visited numerous restaurants serving Indian food. At every Indian restaurant that I have every visited in my area, complimentary foods are placed on the table before ones dinner arrives. Not at Sitar. If you want something, you must pay for it. Not even a scrap of bread, crackers with interesting authentic relishes was placed on the table. I ordered a glass of wine and took a sip. As I looked at the glass, I realized that it had remnants of some previous drinkers lipstick on the rim. Not very appetizing. I suggest that you always check your glasses before serving a drink to your valued customers. I will say that the owner gladly gave me a new glass of wine which I much appreciated. For my main dinner, I ordered the Seafood Masala. I must say that it was a bit bland for my taste. I was surprized that in the entire dish there were only 3 shrimp, 1 scallop, and a small piece of fish. I think that the amount of seafood in the dish was quite ridiculous. I will say that my waitress was pleasant as was the owner but I feel work needs to be done to make this more of a desired restaurant for the weary traveler.

1  Thank maloney1969
Reviewed April 19, 2013

I love Indian food. Theirs was subpar. There was a lack of vegetables and the meat was overcooked. One member of my party needed bland non-spicy food and they were not able to accommodate. Plus,they only had spiced iced tea to drink.

1  Thank 1Wonderer
Reviewed April 11, 2013

Fine food, excellent service and great atmosphere. I wasn't sure what to expect from an Indian restaurant in a strip mall. Very good!

Reviewed March 20, 2013

I have visited this restaurant at least six times and am impressed by the consistent quality and dedicated service. The menu offers an impressive selection.

1  Thank Steve1850