“Amazing Indian Food”

Sitar of India
Ranked #63 of 275 Restaurants in Hagerstown
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Excellent little family restaruant with great food
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Travelled well over and hour to this restaurant and it was beyond worth it (from the Gettysburg, PA area; usually I frequent an Indian restaurant north of town). Service was a little slow at first to order, but it was understandable since there were a few tables being served right after we were seated. There were two of us and we split the Cheese Pakoras (cheese fried in spicy chickpea batter), which came with mango chutney, mint chutney and something pickled. Delicious. Absolutely delicious. For our main course we were going to order the Saag Paneer (mild spice) and Aloo Palak, but our waiter recommended the Shahi Pancer Korma (medium spice) in place of the latter, to have a different taste. His recommendation was spot on and both dishes were amazing. Our waters were refilled whenever they looked low, and the servers were pleasant and helpful.

Price was o.k., but the quality of the food more than made up for it. The best Indian restaurant I've ever been to. Highly recommended.

1  Thank WanderingGnome87

Reviewed January 19, 2013

Think prior reviewers have been limited to grocery store Indian. Really mediocre lamb,vegetarian and bread selections and not inexpensive. Seems family run/hate to say this in a strip mall-chain dominated area but a below average meal around new years isn't a good experience

1  Thank seedsedit
Reviewed December 21, 2012

As I come from the Birmingham area in the UK i know what good Indian food tastes like and I was pleasantly surprised by how good the food was at this Maryland curry house.
Everything was great from the poppodoms and dips to start, moving on to a mixed tikka starter and finishing with a Chicken Jalfrezi Madras strength with a Keema Nan.
If you are in the Hagerstown area give it a try, you will not be disappointed even if you from a true curry fan like me

1  Thank Gareth J
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Wide assortment of foods from India. Found other positive reviews on Trip Advisor and planned our visit based on those comments.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

Excellent food - I like to order off the menu though which the waiter did not seem to appreciate since they had a buffet available. Even though I spent probably twice as much by ordering individual meals and appetizers, the waiter/owner was not very friendly about it. This has happened to me twice already. I will probably go back again because the food is delicious but I am hoping the level of service gets better at some point.