“Excellent Food, Service not so good”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Sitar of India

Sitar of India
Ranked #54 of 257 Restaurants in Hagerstown
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Families with children
Description: Excellent little family restaruant with great food
Hagerstown,MD
“Excellent Food, Service not so good”
Reviewed November 3, 2012

Excellent food - I like to order off the menu though which the waiter did not seem to appreciate since they had a buffet available. Even though I spent probably twice as much by ordering individual meals and appetizers, the waiter/owner was not very friendly about it. This has happened to me twice already. I will probably go back again because the food is delicious but I am hoping the level of service gets better at some point.

• Visited September 2012

Williamsport, Maryland, United States
“This is THE PLACE for Indian in Western Maryland”
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Been going to Sitar of India since it opened and have been there at least 40 times in the last 2 years. Service is always top notch. They will make special requests (tip - if you like it spicy, ask for jalepenp peper nan - not on the menu but they will make it to order) If you have never had Indian, I recomend first trying the lunch bufet -good for trying out the different dishes. Then come back for dinner and order off the menu - even better! One last suggestion, try the bhrindi marsala, one of the chef's specials. It is EXCELENT!

• Visited September 2012
2 Thank Julie K
La Plata, Maryland
“Great Indian food”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

I travel to the area several times a year for work and I eat here every time I'm in town. I usually get take out because I am dirty and tired by the time I get here. They always pack the food well. nd offer everything I
Need to enjoy my meal at my hotel. The food is delicious and the portions generous.

1 Thank auctionman3
Sharpsburg, Maryland
“Very tasty!”
Reviewed August 30, 2012

I recently had dinner at this restaurant for the second time. There were 4 of us and we each got something different and then sampled each other's dishes. Each dish was prepared with a different level of heat and everyone was happy with the results. The mild dish person wasn't burned out and the hot dish person was appropriately spiced. Even though we had a coupon, the bill wouldn't have been horrible without it. The service was attentive and not overbearing. I would recommend this restaurant for good Indian food.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Chuck P
Orlando, Florida
“Tasty Surprise!”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

This restaurant was recommended by our car rental folks, conveniently located in the same strip plaza. The location is innocuous, but the food was DELICIOUS, not overly spicy and very reasonably priced. We arrived just before lunch opening, but they invited us in anyway. Another couple entered at the same time, locals who eat there every week. The array of flavors on the lunch buffet was unrivaled. There were plenty of options of vegetarian or meat dishes.

The place soon filled up with other diners who are obviously regulars as they greeted the owners by name.

Now I'm hungry for Indian food again....

• Visited July 2012