“Great atmosphere, great food, great staff!”
Review of EL RANCHERO

EL RANCHERO
Ranked #25 of 272 Restaurants in Hagerstown
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine
Good for: Local cuisine
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Not quite as authentic as other Mexican restaurants north of the border, but very tasty nonetheless.Chips and salsa were kind of bland but okay. Waiter was very friendly...loved him! Visited mid week after 8 p.m. so not too busy. Food came out quickly and piping hot. Remember to ask what your meal will come with when you order. Some come with rice, beans and salad but most do not.If you like sour cream and guacamole be sure to ask for these too. Price was reasonable for a family of four. I found the menu hard to read in the lighting with dark type written over pictures and somewhat confusing even though I speak and read Spanish.If there is Mexican food that you like and it is not on he menu, ask for it anyway. We did and they made it special for us. Would return on our next trip to Hagerstown.

Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

This was my fourth time here and I love the shredded chicken taco salad! I kids menu is good. Service was good. Price was great. All of our food came out jot and seemed fresh. No complaints from us, just get there early because the place was packed by 5:30pm on a Saturday night

1  Thank Angifoy
Reviewed June 23, 2013

$1.99 margaritas on Monday make a great way to start the week! Typical Mexican menu, flavorful food and good service. Plus free chips and salsa to munch on while you wait.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

This use to be by far for me family and friends the best Mexican food around for the money. Since they moved to their new location on Wesel Blvd. the quality and quantity of the food has dropped drastically. The salsa is not consistent, now it tastes like plain tomato sauce with no spice, three different visits, three different tastes. Other friends agree. Trust me, I know Mexican food and it does change each time you make salsa but this is not normal for them. All the years of enjoying a consistent menu is gone. One visit the fajitas came out sizzling on the plate burnt and dried up (the manager caught it as they were serving it to me and took it back before I said a thing) to the next visit with barely cooked peppers and onions and ZERO flavor.on the skillet all watered down. My husband loves the carnitas, well now the dinner portion is barely as big as the lunch used to be AND half the meat was fat! I can't understand unless because of the move that they lost their good cooks but it's a shame. Sounds like most people we talk to say the same thing. It's so sad. We all think twice about going here unlike before it was nothing to go twice a week or every week with friends for lunch!

Reviewed April 30, 2013

The marguritas here are THE BEST in Maryland! The food is awesome, from chimichanga to sizzliing fajitas. Its all good. The staff are friendly smiling Mexicans. Very good.