“Best Mexican in Hagerstown”
Review of EL RANCHERO

EL RANCHERO
Ranked #30 of 262 Restaurants in Hagerstown
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Local cuisine
Good for: Local cuisine
Saratoga Springs, Utah
“Best Mexican in Hagerstown”
Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

Having moved from Utah, and having worked extensively in Tucson AZ, I have had a hard time finding good Mexican food in the midatlantic. This restaurant came highly recommended by some friends and I wasn't disappointed.
I had tried a few other mexican restaurants in the area and they were terrible.
So glad I found some decent Mexican food finally. I will be back soon.

Hagerstown, Maryland, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“This is not my idea of mexican!”
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Only thing that I thought was good about this place was 1.99 margaritas and the homemade salsa was fair. Otherwise the food just was bland. The refried beans had no flavor. My boyfriend took me there cuz I wanted mexican he dont like mexican. He ordered a steak, when he asked for steak sauce the bottle was empty and it was the only one they had. Really? Will never go there again

“Clean, good food and price!”
Reviewed September 2, 2012

My boys picked the restaurant, it wasn't very busy!! So I proceeded to read the reviews on here and they were pretty positive. The place was very clean and the staff was very polite! The food tasted great and the price was reasonable, for the area! So good we had dessert!

Visited August 2012
Toronto, Canada
“Great Food & Service”
Reviewed August 22, 2012

I came with hesitations about it being fairly average. I was seated in 1 minute with a basket of warmed tortilla chips and fresh salsa. I stood corrected.

This place honestly has super fast service and is perfect for someone who has spent a busy day out running around and walks in half starved! The chicken fajita was great - we came 2 nights in a row, which has never happened to us before..

And the value was superb - we had king sized portions and walked away with a $22 bill. Not to mention they a more than happy to keep refilling your tortillas for no extra charge that I could see. Food quality = excellent, service = a cut above.

• Visited August 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Mexican food”
Reviewed August 14, 2012 via mobile

Best Mexican restaurant in Hagerstown! Delicious food, quick service, clean, nice restaurant. Huge menu selection. Something for everybody! May have to wait for a table if you come on a Friday or Saturday night.