“Amazing”
Review of Hard Times Cafe - Hagerstown - CLOSED

Hard Times Cafe - Hagerstown
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Description: Family friendly restaurant. Famous for our chilis: Texas, Terlingua, Cincinnati, and Vegetarian. The Texas grilled wings were voted best wings by WTOP listeners. Fresh 1/2 lb burgers with fresh cut fries. Steaks and slow cooked ribs too. Many salad selections. Something for everyone. Sports bar showing all the games all the time. Play billiards on any of the Brunswick billiard tables. Free billiards every day from 11am-5pm with minimum purchase. Live entertainment in the Cue every Friday and Saturday night. Large stage and viewing area.
“Amazing”
Reviewed August 1, 2014 via mobile

Food was amazing, service was exceptional. Will visit again. Love that they give you chili sampler. The Texas wings were so good, they had to be the best around. Spicy and sweet!!

• Visited July 2014

Hagerstown, Maryland
“I've had enough”
Reviewed June 5, 2014

I've eaten here plenty of times and it used to be top on my list of places to go. After one or two horrible experiences with my husband I decided to try it one last time with my friend. My food came out and was seriously downgraded in size, however of course the price was not downgraded. My friend ordered food and was told it couldn't be made. When we complained to the manager when he came around he simply threw up his hands and said his hands were tied. Thumbs up for coming around and talking to us...but maybe a bit more empathy next time someone makes a complaint. I however, have learned my lesson...stay away!

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Mfclingan
“Burgers & Trivia, YES!!!”
Reviewed May 28, 2014 via mobile

Not only are the burgers (Mondays only $5.99) thick, juicy, & yummy, but they play trivia on Monday nights! The host, Cliff, is awesome & a good time is had by all!

I've also had the chili sampler & various wings. All have been great tasting!

Friendly staff too!

Sharpsburg, Maryland
“Will never go back !!”
Reviewed May 27, 2014 via mobile

This used to be one of our favorite places to eat but it has gone down hill horribly, we've had two bad experiences their recently and will not return . The staff hangs out by the serving area and chats while food waits to be severed. The last time we went they didn't put the ranch sauce on the Alamo chicken (which makes it taste like crap) and we told the waitress who had the lady manager come over and apologize and say that she would remove it from the bill. Well we got the bill and it was still on it . We will avoid like the plague !!

1 Thank Tmstotler72
Clear Spring, Maryland
“Disappointed”
Reviewed March 30, 2014 via mobile

Met some friends for dinner and to stay for the band. I had never been there before, and was directed towards the back area where the pool tables, bar and stage are located. I arrived an hour before the band was scheduled to play. When I entered that area, a very large bouncer-type man stepped in front of me and told me there was a cover charge and that he needed to see my ID. Since I am 50-something, I felt he was very disrespectful, not because he asked for my ID, but due to the way stepped in front of me. He could've just as easily said "Excuse me Mam, there is a cover charge beyond this point." I tried to joke with him, but he didn't crack a smile. Had an image to keep up, I guess. Just in case I and my friends got out of control later in the evening (ha ha). I also feel a cover charge an hour before the band starts is just wrong. I don't think I will be going back.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank a1trvlagt
Lynnmd, Owner at Hard Times Cafe - Hagerstown, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Thank you for your feedback. I am the local owner and am deeply sorry that our doorman treated you disrespectfully. He is very diligent about ensuring that the guests are over 21 in age and it is often difficult to judge someone's edge which is most likely why he asked for your ID. I have already spoken to him about this incident and to ensure that he treats all guest politely and professionally. I am grateful for your feedback as it assists us in continual improvement. I hope you visit us again.