“Food and service was great!”
Review of Chic's Seafood

Chic's Seafood
Ranked #53 of 283 Restaurants in Hagerstown
Cuisines: Seafood
Description: (301) 739-8220 http://maps.google.com/maps/place?oe=utf-8&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=chic%27s+seafood,+hagerstown&fb=1&gl=us&hq=chic%27s+seafood,&hnear=Hagerstown,+MD&cid=3815188812655022034
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We had dinner there last night. The food and service was great. We are from Arkansas here visiting friends in Maryland. It was our first experience eating crabs. They were great! We also had crab cakes and New England style Clam Chowder. The crab cakes were very good. I wasn't too crazy about there chowder, it's was too thick. It was more like eating paste.

Reviewed July 21, 2013

My boyfriend found this restaurant on a different site. I'm sure if he'd checked Tripadvisor first, we would not have gone there.

We spent the weekend in Columbia, MD, and on the way back home to West Virginia we wanted to stop for some seafood. He found this little hole-in-the-wall, and we decided to figure it a go.

I ordered the "deluxe" crab cakes with a baked potato and side salad. The deluxe crab cakes are supposed to be bigger than the regular crab cakes, according to the menu. I'd hate to see what the regular sized cakes look like because these were very small. Probably the smallest I've ever had. My boyfriend ordered the Port of Baltimore meal. It came with a lobster tail, shrimp, crab leg cluster, clams and oysters, with 2 sides. Sounds good, right? NO! The lobster was so rubbery, he had to dig the meat out with his fingers because the fork would not get it loose. It was very rubbery and chewy meat. He liked the crab, and shrimp, but threw most of the clams and oysters away, as they were disgusting.

These two meals, plus two waters, added up to $55. Sooooo overpriced!

The only reason I gave this 2 stars, is because my baked potato was, in fact, a baked potato. But I couldn't tell you what all that other stuff was.

1  Thank Rhiannon_Todd
Reviewed July 9, 2013 via mobile

We went for crab and some fish. Food was average. Apparently I ordered the wrong meal. We soon realized that everyone around us was eating softshell steamed blue crab. I mean everyone and it looked good. It is a old place that is attached to a fish market and the person I was with loved her flounder. Beware of the steak. This is a seafood restaurant.

1  Thank Nesy76
Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

This was a little hole in the wall place and we were a little worried when we walked in. It was dark, outdated, and smelled fishy.

But the food was great and the staff very friendly. The prices weren't bad either.

People ordered trays of the crabs which looked amazing. I had the smaller crab legs and oysters on the half shell. My boyfriend had the crab stuffed flounder. We were both really happy with our meals.

We would definitely recommend this place.

Reviewed May 22, 2013

Very overpriced and food was not good. unfortunately not the seafood place I thought it would be after reading the online review. They seem to have a lot of locals gather at the bar but I don't think they actually eat the food.

1  Thank Art S

Been to Chic's Seafood? Share your experiences!