“My family LOVES Dolce!” 4 of 5 stars

Dolce
Ranked #8 of 239 Restaurants in Hagerstown
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“My family LOVES Dolce!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

I live here in Hagerstown and will say that this is the best pizza in town. I encourage trying any of the authentic Eastern European cuisine as well. Julia's hospitality is out of this world. Agreed, it is small with a lack of any true ambiance, but you aren't paying for that, either. The prices are excellent for the quality of the food. Bring your own bottle of wine to enjoy with your meal, and bring cash or check book.

• Visited August 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars

“Good food but not great cramped location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

My family and I went to Dolce while visiting Hagerstown. I chose the restaurant based upon the trip advisor ratings and rave reviews. The restaurant was clean and the server was very attentive. We went on a Saturday night and it was very cramped inside so cramped that when the server was helping the table next to us we had to scoot our chairs in so that we were jammed next to the table. I got the Gyros and while they were good I wouldn't go out of my way to get them again. But my husband got the pizza and it was very good. I would get that again. Also I got a salad instead of fries for my side and it was good. It had tomatoes, chopped carrots,peppers and onions. We would return for the salad and pizza and I think any other time other than Saturday.

• 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank reeseysmom
Fairfax, Virginia
“It's is not worth the drive, but ok for local cooking”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

A small pizza joint that we drove right past and had to circle back to try based on the reviews. Allot of pasta, bread and potato dishes. Fresh salad with over the counter bottled dressing. The Moussake was basic sliced potato casserole. Not all the potatoes were tender. Nothing special. The best part of the meal was the fried dumplings at the end covered in powder sugar.

• 2 of 5 stars
Washington, DC
“Great find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

From the menu and the signs in the windows you'd think this was just a pizza-and-sub joint but they also have some ethnic Romanian dishes. So we had JULIA STUFFED CABBAGE, MOLDAVIAN CHICKEN, MOUSSAKA and Rice with Chicken. All were great. Whichever salad you get, choose the house dressing to go with it---superb.

From the outside the place is so non-descript that it's easy to drive by it. And inside is nothing to write home about. But the service is friendly and efficient. They don't have an alcohol license so you'll have to settle for soft drinks, tea, etc.

Afterward I wanted to travel to the casino at Charlestown, WV, to play the craps tables but my wife said "no dice".

Montgomery, MA
“We stopped in for dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

The staff was very friendly. We chose from the European dinner menu and although the food was good it was not special. The restaurant would hav e been had to find had we not used our GPS. The decor was very clean but pretty basic.

Visited May 2013