“Good food but not great cramped location” 4 of 5 stars

Dolce
Ranked #7 of 244 Restaurants in Hagerstown
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
“Good food but not great cramped location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

My family and I went to Dolce while visiting Hagerstown. I chose the restaurant based upon the trip advisor ratings and rave reviews. The restaurant was clean and the server was very attentive. We went on a Saturday night and it was very cramped inside so cramped that when the server was helping the table next to us we had to scoot our chairs in so that we were jammed next to the table. I got the Gyros and while they were good I wouldn't go out of my way to get them again. But my husband got the pizza and it was very good. I would get that again. Also I got a salad instead of fries for my side and it was good. It had tomatoes, chopped carrots,peppers and onions. We would return for the salad and pizza and I think any other time other than Saturday.

• 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank reeseysmom

Fairfax, Virginia
“It's is not worth the drive, but ok for local cooking”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

A small pizza joint that we drove right past and had to circle back to try based on the reviews. Allot of pasta, bread and potato dishes. Fresh salad with over the counter bottled dressing. The Moussake was basic sliced potato casserole. Not all the potatoes were tender. Nothing special. The best part of the meal was the fried dumplings at the end covered in powder sugar.

• 2 of 5 stars
Washington, DC
“Great find!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

From the menu and the signs in the windows you'd think this was just a pizza-and-sub joint but they also have some ethnic Romanian dishes. So we had JULIA STUFFED CABBAGE, MOLDAVIAN CHICKEN, MOUSSAKA and Rice with Chicken. All were great. Whichever salad you get, choose the house dressing to go with it---superb.

From the outside the place is so non-descript that it's easy to drive by it. And inside is nothing to write home about. But the service is friendly and efficient. They don't have an alcohol license so you'll have to settle for soft drinks, tea, etc.

Afterward I wanted to travel to the casino at Charlestown, WV, to play the craps tables but my wife said "no dice".

Montgomery, MA
“We stopped in for dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

The staff was very friendly. We chose from the European dinner menu and although the food was good it was not special. The restaurant would hav e been had to find had we not used our GPS. The decor was very clean but pretty basic.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Montdur
Front Royal, Virginia
“A "Must Stop In" restaurant!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

After raiding the ribbon factory in Hagerstown today with a friend, the staff there suggested that we go to "Dolce" for lunch. We kind of blew past it the first time, because the sign is quite small, but the tastes inside were HUGE! No sooner were we seated than we had hot Italian knots brought to the table. I had the eggplant parmigian sub and a small salad, and my friend had the chicken sub and a small salad. All of the food was excellent, and quite reasonably priced. Other diners had regular entrees, which were quite large and delicious looking. At the end of the meal everyone is served these tasty, light-as-a-feather morsels of fried dough with powdered sugar on them (think something similar to a funnel cake, only better). I could go there and just eat those! The restaurant is very small - maybe 10 tables - and the staff (think they're all family) was very attentive and helpful. If you're near Hagerstown, be sure to stop in.

• Visited April 2013