“With the trip to try something different.”
Review of Dolce

Dolce
Ranked #12 of 272 Restaurants in Hagerstown
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed July 3, 2012 via mobile

The atmosphere and location are the only complaints of this restaurant. The service was very good and the owner is definitely very kind and welcoming to customers. The complimentary garlic bread and donuts are a very nice touch, the salad was average, but the stuffed cabbage was good. It's not something i'd order again, but I liked this place enough to come back and try other items on the menu. If you want to try something different I definitely recommend this place.

1  Thank anonymous59185

Reviewed May 28, 2012

You are a stranger here only once and that is the first time you enter the door. It's true that the atmosphere is a little different from the cookie-cutter restaurants you may have been to in the past but the food and loving welcome makes up for any deficiency of the building. Chef Julia is Romanian and always willing to share her culture with you -- this includes the TV in the corner permanently tuned to a Romanian channel. While their pizza is great, there is so much more to explore than just the pizza. Their stuffed cabbage is some of the best I've ever tasted as is the rest of the Eastern European menu. Portions are generous and prices are moderate. Once you get over the quirkyness of your surroundings (think mismatched china, paper towels for napkins, etc.) and enjoy the wonderful food and warmth of welcome, you won't want to eat anywhere else. Our family eats here at least once a month.

2  Thank TrTreasure
Reviewed March 1, 2012

I went to this out of the way place after reading some reviews about it and was very excited that I had perhaps found a wonderful new joint to eat at when I came to Hagerstown when I work there. It was quite charming, well to be honest it was just kinda bizarre. The tables were all cramped together so that even though the restaurant was mostly empty I was snuggled up shoulder to shoulder with the folks next to me and fighting for space with the fridge on the other side of me. Add on the dusty 1970's plastic flower arrangement on my small table as well as the incredibly cold air seeping in to numb my feet as well as my neighbors and it was just plain uncomfortable.
When I said that it was give and take, you have to balance the discomfort with the warm welcome from the chef and her staff. The fresh garlic bread was great and the complimentary doughnuts at the end of the meal were also a nice touch, but when you balance that out against the comfort level and the fact that my lasagna was totally lacking seasoning and was burned on the bottom with the meat (there wasn't much) tasting slightly out of date I can only say that it wasn't what I'd hoped for at all. I was very prepared for a quaint experience but not for what I got, which ended up being very cold feet and a blob of melted cheese on top of some slightly burned pasta doused in a very underseasoned tomato sauce with a very small amount of unusual tasting meat.
The day before this meal I had a steak and cheese sandwich to go which was quite good, so maybe this place is better suited to the sandwich/pizza venue than the restaurant stuff, I'll go back sometime soon in the future and see if the experience is a little more impressive than what I got.

Reviewed February 29, 2012

I ate here a couple months ago and it was wonderful. Quaint, if a bit hidden, the food was super yummy. My fiance and I had the white pizza. Can't wait to try the rest of the menu! Cute!

Reviewed February 13, 2012

Great food, especially the pizza. However, the best part is the service. The owner was so friendly even after our 5 year old spilled two drinks! Would come here again next time we are traveling to DC.

1  Thank Sandifj

Been to Dolce? Share your experiences!