“Nothing to write home about”

Break Away II Sports Lounge
Ranked #123 of 268 Restaurants in Hagerstown
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast
Description: They have achieved the four prime elements: cozy atmosphere, popular selection of favorite items on the menu, very reasonable prices and good entertainment. But that is not all. They take it one step further. They provide you with service, satisfaction and friendly conversation. That makes the total experience even more enjoyable.
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Had meetings at airport that extended over lunch. We did a circuit around airport looking for a place to grab linch and found Break Away II. Not sure what Break Away I was all about, but Breakaway II wasn't bad, it just wasn't that inspired or memorable at all. Food was OK, service was OK. Wouldn't take much to compete with

1  Thank Hey_Joe54
Paul H, Owner at Break Away II Sports Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2014

We are constantly striving to improve our food, service and customer experience. If you are ever in the area please stop by again and allow us the opportunity to show you our improvements. Thank you very much for taking the time to review us. We truly appreciate it.

There are newer reviews for Break Away II Sports Lounge

Reviewed January 2, 2013

I’ve visited this resturaunt many times and had always praised it, but this visit left me disgusted. I had ordered ahead as I normally do, a simple order of burgers and fries, and fried pickles. The burger was overcooked and didn’t have a majority of what I had ordered on the burger. We also had to wait at the counter for the pickles- they had forgotten to ring them in with my order. Once home (and without receipt), I found the burger was wrong, the fries tasted like they had taken them off of someone else’s plate, and I had been given some odd sauce I didn’t ask for. Upon calling back to notify them of the error (I mostly just wanted fresh fries) I heard the manager on duty tell another employee “Its that customer that complained before.” Turns out they had saved my phone number so they knew when I would call! The manager on duty did little more than tell me “oh well, what should I do about it?” then when I asked for the owner, I was told he wasn’t there. Upon returning to the resturaunt and demanding for a refund, I was left waiting for the better part of 20 minutes , before the owner was finally called up to speak to me. When I told him my problem, I was finally given an incorrect refund and asked if I was the one that had complained before. I am now banned from their establishment and forbidden to order from them any further, simply because I had wanted my correct order without being treated as if I was committing a crime.

If you eat here, better be happy with getting whatever they give you, and staying quiet when they mess up.

8  Thank kat x
Reviewed October 15, 2012

excellent menu,spent 5 weeks in town working.went there 3-4 times per week.Saw multiple fights ,and helped break up a few.
For a better pour go,and cheaper tab,more laid back bar go to the Colonial,and ask for Chrissie,but you better take a cab after leaving!

I am sorry you had such a bad experience while at our bar/restaurant. liquor store in Hagerstown, MD. Fights are an extremely rare event at our location. Not sure I understand what was going on at the time that you were witness to. If someone is involved in a fight, one or both individuals involved are usually barred from returning. If you are ever in the area again, please stop by and allow us the opportunity to deliver our outstanding customer experience. Thank you for taking the time to write a review.

Reviewed August 30, 2012

first things first. its definatly a locals hangout which i dont mind being someone who travels alot and likes to when in ROME do what the romans do. ummm not here. my girlfriend and i where visiting gettysburg and were staying in waynesboro... we were told by the locals that it was a place for younger people with pool and music and a good vibe. so we decided to check it out. now where from New york so nothing surprises us really but this place takes the cake! upon arriving we were greeted by a young lady who just said ID's which is ok covering themselves i get it. we hand over our ID's and the bartender/waitress/waste of space looks at them like they are in chinese. then proceeds to pass them around the bar asking if any one knows what a new york license looks like no scanner no black light just passing them aroung like baby pictures when we inquire whats wrong she responds with that they are not "shiny" and are not lamanated. after offering other proofs of identification the "locals" agree that they seem to be ok enough? lol. the real kicker is that a new bartender arrives and starts to serve us she was nice and all but this was a smoking establishment and she was visablely pregnant and to top if off she was doing jello shots 1 for her and 1 for the baby... sorry this was a rant but wow never again.

4  Thank martin-danielle n
Paul H, Manager at Break Away II Sports Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2014

We have not allowed smoking in our restaurant/bar since the No Smoking law passed in 2008.
Bartenders and servers are not allowed to drink or do any kind of shots while on duty. They will be disciplined if they are caught doing this. Maryland law says not only must you be 21 to be in our bar, you must also have a valid ID on your person. By checking the way we do, it does indeed protect us but you as well. We average 1 to 2 ID's a week that are either expired or due to expire shortly.

Reviewed August 25, 2012

This is one of my favorite place to get really GOOD wings. I love the dry hot ones, and i usually get the honey BBQ to cool off my mouth.

We are glad that you enjoyed your wings and we truly appreciate you taking the time to write your review. It is very much appreciated.