“Another Satisfying Stay”

Courtyard Hagerstown
Ranked #9 of 21 Hotels in Hagerstown
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Had plenty of choices but decided to stay at this hotel again based on past experience. Check in was a breeze and staff was great and courteous. Got a King bed guest room and everything about the room did not dissappoint. It was another great night sleep at Courtyard! Price may be a little steep for pleasure stay but I think it is well worth it.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed September 17, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights this past weekend while attending the 150th anniversary events at the Antietam battlefield. Excelleant location right off the Interstate and a short easy drive to the battlefield makes this a prime location for visting the park - note, there are not a lot of hotels in the immediate vicinity of the battlefield, so Hagerstown is a great choice. Room and public areas were beautiful and very clean. The service from the staff was as you expect from a Marriott property. I would choose this hotel again when returning to the area.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed August 31, 2012

Stayed here one night as a stopover before a long roadtrip. Arrived very late, close to midnight, but was greeted by a friendly staff and had a quick and seamless checkin. Ample parking which was a plus since it was so late. Was impressed with the decor and modern look of the lobby. The entire hotel looks new and updated. Room was very clean and beds provided a good nights rest. Book this place without hesitation or worry. Bathroom was spotless which is a plus always! Didn't get a chance to enjoy other amenities like the indoor pool (which looked nice and clean) or the lobby cafe, but would definitely return if I need to stay in that area again. Not as close to the outlets as I thought but still a convenient location near shooping centers and food places.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed August 30, 2012

We only stayed over one night at this hotel on our way to take our daughter to college in upstate New York but were pleased with our choice. Easy to find, right off the interstate. It has a new, modern design-beautiful, huge lobby & very nice room. The room & bathroom were very clean. Mattresses were a little too soft for me but you can't please everyone. I might make one suggestion for management though-it would be great for your guests(or at least the ones that are not traveling solo) to have a full length mirror on the wall outside the bathroom. Those extra mirrors can help two or more people getting dressed at the same time do it a lot quicker. There were quite a few restaurants close by to choose from. We had dinner that one night at the Olive Garden near the hotel. Had to wait 40 minutes to be seated but food was good when we finally got to eat!

Would recommend this hotel for your travels. We will be probably stay here again on our travels from Georgia to upstate New York for the next few years!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 28, 2012

Ok, I'm pretty livid now, and if you read my other reviews you wil see that this doesn't occur. The only other bad experience I've ever had at a hotel was the Philadelphia Sheraton, but I was not livid at all. Just dealt with the facts.
However, I booked this sub-standard place through priceline at at10% discount, should have just used my AAA card and would have gotten the same rate of $101. When we walked in the door my husband said the manager reminded him of a dorm RA on the prowel. I will agree with that. For food we were shown the lovely eating place the Courtyard now offers. So I skipped the bagel with cream cheese for $8. We stayed the last 3 times at the Hilton and had FREE breakfast or $6 1 time and it was fantastic!!!! Fresh Food and a Man who made Omelettes, not to mention Organic Granola, and I had to listen to the manager, probably Ms. Beer who I spoke with this evening go on and on and on about the Courtyard's wonderful eat in facility. Think Starbucks prices, but much less offered.

Anyway, we did have a 9 lb hypoallergenic dog, who fits in my bag and has his own crate which he stays in the whole time. My husband takes the dog in our car away from the premises, so he can do his doggy business. He does not shed. He was in his crate the whole time. I am allergic to dogs so am sensitive to the issue of someone having puppy lounge on anything. So when we arrived at the "dorm" a big sign said "no pet allowed" never have seen anything like this ever. We couldn't do anything since there are no changes on Priceline. We have worked this out without any problem at the Hilton, Hyatt, Westin, and the regular Marriott.

So when my husband was downstairs at 8 AM getting the leash to take puppy out of the hotel, he barked when he heard my husband approaching. The maid was mean and livid, thought she was a manager with her tone, told me we had a dog and couldn't hide it and it would cost us $75. We weren't going to open the door and lie to her. My husband immediately went downstairs and spoke with the manager. He said he was charging us $75. Ok, what were we to do.

Today, I got a call from the Marriott Promotions about an Orlando stay that kind of sounded attractive. However, I was told to call Ms. Beer and discuss the $75 fee, so I told her if all went well with that, I would probably be interested. All did not go well. I was asking Ms. Beer to slightly reduce the fee based on the fact that no additional clean up happened and we were very diligent about the dog not bothering anyone or being anywhere but in his cage. She proceeded to outright lie to me, told me that they would have to do a full "dog management" clean-up which included cleaning the carpets, cleaning all the comforters and spreads, re-cleaning the room to make it allergy free. This did not happen! As my husband and I were leaving I saw the "maid" do the clean up. No rugs were being shampood, the beds were made with the comforter we sleep on, and there was no additional work done on that room. I asked Ms. Beer to please e-mail me a copy of the report for the extra work done, which of course she can't b/c nothing was done. If all she said was done, I could except the circumstances of a $75 charge much better. Then she told me we "got a discount for $75", another lie since the maid told me you will be charged $75 for this and the manager downstairs told my husband he felt bad, but had to charge us the dog fee of $75. It's on my bill. Ms. Beer carried on about how I was given a discount off the usual $100, which was just not true. She said the 2 people who said this were misinfromed, including the morning manager! Please, I accept we are not 100% in the right here at all, but I was so mad to have a conversation where a person just lied and lied to me. Just say, sorry you had a dog and the fee is $75 and we are not going to change that, period. I'm ok with that. She carried on for 20 minutes telling me lie and lie and it made me mad.

I have always like the Full Service Marriott and have never stayed at a Courtyard. However, the price range is similar. I told my sister and parents to avoid this place on the way home and stay at the Hampton Inn, which they did. No complaints.

I hate to be so critical, but I this really bothered me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: Skip it! There are about 20 similar hotels in the area and this one is not up to par. I could not st...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 14, 2012

My family truly enjoyed our stay ! The staff the rooms the excellent bed the pool the clean workout room and the delicious healthy bistro ! I wish more hotels at any price could reach the professional standards I saw here.
If you are staying I the area....enjoy

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 11, 2012

We stopped there at 10:30 pm because we were tired of driving hoping they had a room for us. They did but for an extragant price of $149 per night with nothing included in the price, except coffee. Thought that was expensive for just a place to sleep. we were tired. Told them I had Marriott rewards but could not find my card, or my name on the rewards center so did not get my points. had to pay $20 for breakfast the next morning in the lobby. The rooms were very nice and the staff was nice but thought it was a very expensive night when this was the third hotle we stopped at the check for a room and paid the price because we had been driving for 9 hours and were tired. will better plan next time.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business