“Clean, Without Frills.”

Ranked #11 of 21 Hotels in Hagerstown
Chicago, Illinois
“Clean, Without Frills.”
Reviewed April 2, 2011

We chose to stay at the Courtyard for one night after we took a ski trip at Whitetail. This hotel was newly built and had just opened a few months ago. When we pulled up, the outside was very clean and modern. The front desk was very polite and the lobby was FANTASTIC! It was extremely modern and clean. I didn't like tho, how the breakfast bar and computer area was basically in the lobby. But it was very nice. The elevator ride to our room was peaceful and as we entered the room, we were very happy with it. It looked like it had never been used before. The beds were made and the room was arranged neatly. The bathroom had a very nice granite sink and the bathtub/shower was sparkly clean. There was no odor or must to the room at all. We had our own thermostat to control the temperature of the room. The room was very clean, but not much to it except for the beds, desk, and bathroom. The T.V. was only 24" and there was no kitchen/kitchenette. There was a coffe pot and a mini fridge, but nothing else. There was also a VERY nice workout room and pool area with hot tub. All in all this hotel met my standards to the MAX! If you are vacationing for a long time and would like more than just a bed and desk, you should stay at the Springhill Suites right across from the Courtyard. Very nice and elegant hotel.

Room Tip: For business men. Do not stay for extended periods
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank mjnpro

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed March 21, 2011

My husband and I stayed here on our way back from Myrtle Beach. It is conveniently located off the highway and is surrounded by many shopping outlets and restaurants. We were there during off season so the rates were incredible. Not sure what they are during high season. The staff was awesome and our room was amazing! We had a king room and it was huge - there was a couch across from the good size flat screen tv and a huge desk to work on and free wi-fi. The modern decor was very refreshing and the bathroom was roomy and sparkling! The beds were very comfortable with a good selection of pillows to choose from. The lobby was very chic with some seating areas having their own tvs. The bistro food was quite good. Out the back from the lobby was a fire pit surrounded but very comfy furniture. It was a nice touch on a coolish evening. We didn't have a chance to use the fitness centre or pool but it looked quite nice. The only downside was no complimentary breakfast, but at the price we paid we couldn't really complain. Just wish we could have stayed another night!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank DorisCavallin
Ohio
Reviewed January 18, 2011

My family and I stayed at this hotel because our daughter had a sporting event in Martinsburg, WV. This past summer we also stayed in Hagerstown, but at the Springhill Suites which is right next to The Courtyard. I am a Marriott Rewards Club Member so I got my room at The Courtyard with my points.

Cons:

1. Didn't seem to be adequately staffed. The front dest clerk was also the person who brought up our extra towels and the Cafe service was extremely slow. Our breakfast was brought out to us in shifts.

2. No free breakfast.

3. Even though I am a Marriott Rewards member and I have my preferences listed I rarely get my requests. I always ask for a low floor (I was placed on 5th floor and there are 6 floors), I didn't have the extra towels or pillows I request. I guess from now on when I make a reservation I will always have to follow up with a phone call.

Pros:

1. Staff was very helpful. I forgot my contact solution and the front desk clerk remembered to look for some for me.

2. Rooms are really big which was good for a family of four.

3. Cafe food for breakfast was good and there were individual tvs at some tables.

4. Workout equipment was good. All the treadmills had individual tvs.

5. Location is good.

Not sure if I am back in Hagerstown if I would stay at The Courtyard or Spinghill Suites. I liked that the Springhiss had free breakfast. Both would be good choices. While we were there we did eat the Olive Garden which is right near the hotel. It was decent although they are very big on the upsell.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled with family
Morristown, New Jersey, USA
Reviewed December 16, 2010

After grueling day on the road driving back from South Carolina on Thanksgiving weekend, my wife and I decided to call it a night and start looking for a hotel to stay. Looking for something better than the Best Western we stayed at on way to SC, we stumbled upon Courtyard Hagerstown at 8PM and found it refreshing.

Courtyard was conveniently very close to I-81 exit/on-ramp. The concierge was very cordial and accomodating. The room was clean and well organized. Most of all - the new shower was aewsome!

We left at 4AM to get home so can't comment on the breakfast or morning staff.

Couple of minor negatives. Street signs to the Courtyard didn't make sense so I made a beeline for it instead. The heater took little longer than my wife liked to warm up.

Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Farmington, CT
Reviewed October 23, 2010

This hotel really surprised us! Just opened in August 2010 it is a new concept for Marriott. Gone is the stodgy furniture, in with the Asian/Modern themes, lots of room, a large bathroom, and a wonderful lobby and surrounding area.
The only negative was the position of the computer desk next to the heating/ac unit, causing a constant fan across your face as you work at the desk. This was the only fault in an otherwise fantastic room. (The beds were also too hard for our taste, for others it might be just fine).
We ate in the lobby area ... well prepared and well priced (not gourmet) food! Sorry we only had one night to spend here.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple