WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Schula's Grill and Crab

Schula's Grill and Crab
Ranked #5 of 248 Restaurants in Hagerstown
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Large groups, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We are open on Sundays! We have a large variety of seafood, steak, pasta and salads and can accommodate most special requests and diets. Recently Voted Best Seafood 2015 by Herald Mail Readers and The Martinsburg Journal. 2015 Hot List Winner - Best Crab Cake, Best Steak, Outstanding Service, and Family Friendly!
Wyalusing, Pennsylvania
“Wow. Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2014 via mobile

Had rib eye with crab topping and stuffed flounder. Tuna and oysters appetizers. Oh, my!!! Absolutely delicious.
Chose this place due to TA reviewed. Place is difficult to and, but GPS brought us close, but need to look closely as it's immediate right into the parking lot on JFK. Definitely worth finding. Casual and wonderful.

2 Thank Linda N

Wilmington, Delaware
“Good food when on a trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

We were in Hagerstown as a stop on a trip. The reviews of Shulas barely told the story of the great food and service. This is a Hagerstown gem. Be sure to make a reservation! We didn't and stood in a crowded space for quite some time.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank Gary R
Martinsburg, West Virginia
“Great anniversary dinner”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 2, 2014

My wife loves crabcakes and I love about any seafood so we gave Schulas a try. We were very satisfied with the qualityof the food. My wife loves Ocean City crabcakes, but she said Schulas were just as good, and large. 8 oz. My seafood platter had flounder, fried oysters, and JUMBO fried shrimp which where all cooked correctly. Our waitress was very professional and polite. She constantly checked to see if we needed anything.
The place is a little hard to find. It is on the back side off a small stip of shops. It was worth the effort to find it.
Prices for this quality food was reasonable, but not extravegent. If you have an appetizer and a couple drinks your check can add up quickly

• Visited May 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Tim01R
St. Louis
“Excellent food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed our dinner here while traveling through the area. They apparently do take reservations, so you may want to consider making one on a weekend night as there was a little wait. The location seemed quite new and our waitress was very attentive and cheerful. The fresh bread was delicious as were our entrees. My husband had the crab cake and I had peel and eat shrimp. The fried mozzarella appetizer was quite different though. It almost appeared to be fried mozzarella cheese sandwiches.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank StLouisMom3
Maryland
“A little pricey but food is good”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

My boyfriend loves it here but I personally would not have this on my list as a first or second choice. It is a little too pricey for me but he pays so it is not that much of an issue. I do like the food and the service is usually really good. One downside for me is that they do NOT have sweet tea but on the upside... they serve "CALAMARI"!!!

• Visited May 2014