“Surprise surprise”

Schula's Grill and Crab
Ranked #5 of 268 Restaurants in Hagerstown
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Description: We are open on Sundays from 12- 7pm. We have a large variety of seafood, steak, pasta and salads and can accommodate most special requests and diets. Recently Voted Best Seafood 2017 by Herald Mail Readers and The Martinsburg Journal. 2015 Hot List Winner - Best Crab Cake, Best Steak, Outstanding Service, and Family Friendly!
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Driving back to New York along rt81 looking for a good place to eat in Hagerstown and decided to follow the tripadvisor reviews. The food was fantastic. Fresh fresh seafood. The clams had that fresh taste of the salt water they were in yesterday. I spoke to the owner and found out he was a transplanted restraunter from Brooklyn the location was in the back of a stip mall but like another review said don't let that stop you. Friendly hostess and waitstaff. Free refills but food was pricey which I expected after we finished because it was obvious that everything was very fresh and only the best.
Good job keep up the good work

1  Thank JFL1959

Reviewed March 19, 2013

When I saw this place (in a strip mall) I really didn't expect too much, but I was wrong...the food was absolutely amazing. I had the steamed mussels in white wine sauce, and they were by far the best ones I have had. And the portion was crazy big! Also had the crab dip, which was delicious as well. The services was fast and friendly.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

This is a no-nonsense excellent seafood restaurant with good local fare cooked to perfection. It's not fancy, after all one of it's features is all-you-can-eat crabs (3 nights a week). The menu has a good variety of fish and shellfish, and also burgers and pasta. The kitchen turns out simple dishes like broiled haddock, steamed clams (with great hot bread to sop up the broth) or fried oysters cooked to perfection. Fancy seafood restaurants in other parts of the Washington DC area fly in oysters from hundreds or thousands of miles away. I'll go to Shula's instead for superb absolutely fresh Chesapeake Bay oysters. Service, with one minor exception, has been friendly and efficient.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

SO disappointed. Pass through Hagerstown quite often and would love to find a good seafood restaurant there. $23 for a crab cake with no old bay and weird seasoning......WHAT??? Place is like a typical crab house but the highest prices I have seen. If I'm paying $90 for a meal for two I would like a little ambience and better food. Won't go back.

1  Thank suepats
Reviewed February 11, 2013

I'm from Jersey, so I KNOW seafood. I moved to Hagerstown two years ago and I'm so happy we found this place. We've been back about 3 times and had excellent service and excellent food each time. Get the crab soup!!! It is DELICIOUS! There was nothing we had that we didn't like, and we brought friends as well (from Florida) who also enjoyed their meals. It's a place you could go to with your family, friends, or a nice romantic dinner for two. It's in a little strip mall, but don't let that fool you. Go try it - maybe the best restaurant in Hagerstown.

1  Thank Jen O