“Trivia!”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 21, 2013

I say very good not really based on the food. The food is OK. Some things are better than others. None are spectacular, but I haven't run into anything horrible, either. We go to the trivia night they host every Wednesday, so I have had many of their dishes. I really like the chicken melt. The quesadilla is good, but just know that if you get the onions in it, they're raw. The chicken strips are pretty good. I like the French Dip a lot, though the bread is sometimes soggy if the au jus sloshes. And I'm pretty sure the au jus has MSG or autolyzed yeast extract (most commercial beef broth does), because it gives me a headache. The French Onion soup has the same headache-inducing qualities, and has a tendency towards being overly salty.

It seems like it would be a family-friendly place during the day, but the bar has some questionable characters and lots of exposed skin at night.

But, trivia is super awesome, the Wednesday night waitresses are great, and I would recommend going.

1  Thank Kbochick

Reviewed May 7, 2013

We have eaten at Barefoot Bernies several times, as we wend our way south to visit our older son and his family. A very laid-back, family-friendly, welcoming atmosphere.
There are several TV's in the bar area, where you can sit at the bar or in a booth. All TV's are tuned to sports channels, as expected. There is also a large separate dining area with tables and with more booths, if the bar area is not to your taste.
We've always ordered burgers or wraps, and have found them to be generous and delicious. The menu has many other options available as well. Margaritas and Manhattans are definitely what you would want to order if you like such things.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

I ordered the Seafood Alfredo. It was by far the BEST seafood alfredo I have ever had. A bit pricey but definitely worth the money. Fun and friendly staff, too.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

Recently attended a bachelorette pre-party dinner at Barefoot Bernie's in Hagerstown Md and was really impressed. I was part of a group of about 20 people and our server did an excellent job! I had the all-you-can-eat ribs that were simply the best ribs I've eaten in 20 years and the crab ball appetizer was wonderful. Everyone in the group was pleased with their meals and, unfortunately, no one had room for dessert, so I can't comment on the sweets but they sure looked good. I would highly recommend this restaurant - good food, great service, and affordable prices. Two thumbs WAY up!

Reviewed March 18, 2013

We had dinner her on a Saturday night. The place was quite full but we only waited about 15 minutes. When we were first sat we must have been in a dead zone since no one waited on for us about 10-15 minutes. My husband finally flagged someone down and she immediately took our order. Our server brought our drinks and apologized profusely. She was fantastic after that. She kept the drinks coming and even let me order an item not on the menu (a grilled cheese and it was great)! My husband got the steak and cheese and enjoyed it. The atmosphere is fun and it is kid friendly outside of the bar area. Great place to go to get out of the chain scene!

1  Thank BellaMDGirl