“Fantastic food and service”

Barefoot Bernie's Bar & Grille
Ranked #56 of 272 Restaurants in Hagerstown
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed December 25, 2012

We actually stopped at the Clarion Hotel, we where supposed to go further but where sidelined by an approaching blizzard. Which was luck on our part. Barefoot Bernie's is connected by a walkway from the Hotel, you do not have to go out in the weather. Barefoot Bernie's is connected to the Bar, which is just a family type bar. The guys where watching a game on the many Tv 's available. The atmosphere is snug and warm. Not a drunken atmosphere. There where 3 people in our party. We had prompt order service and the food arrived hot and fresh. I had a mixed salad, it was crispy and very fresh, I also ordered a baked potato -- very well cooked and very hot. My half slab of ribs was fall off the bones tender, slight hot spice ting,with a slight crisp taste. It was fantastic. My friend ordered a steak which she could have cut with a fork. The other ordered a noodle dish with cheese. He is hard to please, and seldom any thing tastes good to him. He ate until he was full. Management came around to welcome and thank us for being there. They had beautiful desserts-- which we where too full to eat. There where other people from our bus tour there. Everyone loved the food. We had eaten in New York and Atlantic City-- this was the best meal. My opinion and of others in our party. Would love to go back one day.

Reviewed December 20, 2012

Nice, friendly crowd, good evening drink specials. Had been there once before and got SLOW service at bar, it was way better Tuesday night!

Reviewed December 7, 2012

We visited here in early Dec. 2012. This hasnt been our first visit here and it certainly wont be our last. The staff here is great and always has been. The food was delicious as usual. We happened to be here for the 1st time during trivia night, which we have never done. We decided to give it a try and had a blast!! They also run alot of great drink specials during the trivia. We will be returning the next time we are in the area. Thanks to all for a great evening!

Reviewed November 16, 2012

Casual atmosphere and awesome food. Their crab cakes are to die for! Lump crab meat and seasoned perfectly. Their MD crab soup is some of the best I've ever had. I prefer to get their sweet potato fries instead of the regular ones. The service is always friendly and fast. It can get crowded on Friday and Saturday evenings but it's well worth the wait.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

Average fare with above average wait service! I didnt care for the cream of crab soup and with out having to ask, they removed the charge from my bill. This was even done with out my mentioning anything during my meal. I simply didnt eat the soup and when the waitress ask, I just said I it wasnt "bad" it just wasnt for me. I had the Wedge salad and while a little heavy on the balsamic vinegar there was plenty and and exactly as described on the menu.