“Still above standard” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Bulls & Bears Restaurant

Bulls & Bears Restaurant
Ranked #15 of 256 Restaurants in Hagerstown
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Formerly Tristate Electrical Supply, the building was a quintessential landmark of the Hagerstown Commercial Core Historic District. During late 19th century, Downtown Hagerstown became the leading producer of furniture, organs and other products. This economic boom was caused by total redevelopment and transformation of the downtown commercial area during that period. As a major railroad center, Hagerstown maintained a stable economic situation during the Great Depression. Bulls and Bears was opened in the fall of 2008 by Jone and Don Bowman. After purchase of the building, no stone was left unturned to return the building to it's original luster through years of labor.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Still above standard”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2013

We visited a year ago and had a great time. We visited again this weekend and were pleased to once again enjoy fine service and above average food. This appears to be a special occasion restaurant for Hagerstown. There was a wedding reception and a group for homecoming at the restaurant Saturday night. However, our waitress was extraordinary in being able to deal with our party (14) and another party of (16).

• Visited October 2013

Frederick, Maryland
“Wonderful experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

This place amazes me everytime we visit. With an already diverse menu, they provide different and delicious specials! The outdoor patio is the best way to enjoy the great beer selection and the always great food!!

• Visited October 2013
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Perfect birthday gift”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

Yesterday my husband take me to eat at Chicago uno not a good experience. But today we decided to go to Bulls & Bears to celebrate my birthday in a good way not like yesterday the Margaritas was awesome the food to die for the dessert the best cheesecake ever had a wonderful time and the staff really attentive the best service I had so far sense we move from CT a year ago. Ufff I'm planning to go back at least ones a week. The best so far.

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Greencastle, Pennsylvania
“Dishwasher Pickles and Gastric Troubles”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

I have eaten at Bulls and Bears in the past, and the food was good. The past few times, however, the service has really gone downhill. The staff is inattentive, and I am pretty sure my pickle went through the dishwasher. If that isn't disgusting enough, my friend had a rotten chicken sandwich. Vegetarians aren't even safe! My black bean burger had serious repercussions, as I was severely ill that evening. I am very disappointed, because I like to support local business, but I don't think I will ever eat anything from here again.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank mdgirlatheart
Frederick, Maryland
“Awesome Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

My wife and I eat here several times a month. The food, service, and overall atmosphere of the restaurant is unbeatable for the area. I highly encourage those who haven't tried the Bulls and Bears to do so, you will not be disappointed!! The staff is always friendly and management seems to have this place heading in the right direction. A MUST visit restaurant in my opinion!!

• Visited August 2013