“Great Local Restaurant/Bar”

Ranked #21 of 267 Restaurants in Hagerstown
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Formerly Tristate Electrical Supply, the building was a quintessential landmark of the Hagerstown Commercial Core Historic District. During late 19th century, Downtown Hagerstown became the leading producer of furniture, organs and other products. This economic boom was caused by total redevelopment and transformation of the downtown commercial area during that period. As a major railroad center, Hagerstown maintained a stable economic situation during the Great Depression. Bulls and Bears was opened in the fall of 2008 by Jone and Don Bowman. After purchase of the building, no stone was left unturned to return the building to it's original luster through years of labor.
Hagerstown, Maryland
“Great Local Restaurant/Bar”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

This is one of the nicest places in Hagerstown for a meal and drinks. They also have live entertainment on weekends. It an get crowded and noisy but is still a great place for a good meal with friends.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank rmorin49

“A one of a kind experience!”
Reviewed August 7, 2013

I never write reviews, however, I felt I must leek to the public what they're missing! Food-awesome! Service-awesome! Bathrooms (which can make or break a place)-CLEAN and might I add, very spacious! Beer selection-top knotch! Manager-(I believe his name was Michael)-super friendly and walked to every table making sure every guest was having a fabulous dining experience! He cared and it showed!! He was there to help any staff member which was quite impressive. Will always recommend this place to anyone who has never been!!

• Visited August 2013
“Grade on a curve”
Reviewed August 3, 2013

For those that don't know, Hagerstwon, Maryland is one of the worst small towns in the country. Completely crime filled, and the majority of the downtown population is on welfare while pumping out kids, businesses must be hesitant to come in. That being said, Bulls and Bears is pretty good. It probably wouldn't survive in downtown Frederick (the next city over). When you get a restaurant or bar that cares about it's appearance in Hagerstown, you can attract a decent crowd. The food is good but not great. They have a really good tap beer selection as well.

The best part about going there....they have a blonde waitress that is so attractive, that it might make you want to cry. I don't know her name, but she is the bestest.

• Visited August 2013
Maryland
“Better than expected”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

BAsed on previous reviews, I probably would not have gone here, but we had a Gift Card, so decided to give it a try. The first time we went, there was an event across the street at the Maryland Theatre, so the restaurant was packed, and we were sent away because we didn't have a reservation. I thought the young hostess was rude and poorly trained. This time, we made a reservation, and were seated in a nearly empty restaurant on a Friday evening. OUr server was quite attentive, and the food was good. I had looked at the menu online before we arrived, and wanted something that was no longer on the menu. I was told that they had changed the menu a few months ago. But apparently they hadn't updated their website? The server askedwhat I wanted, consulted with the chef, and told me he would be happy to prepare it for me. Bottom line: food was good but not great, service was pretty good, prices are a little high.

• Visited July 2013
wv
“Good food”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

This is a sports bar atmosphere, food was good, beer was cold, but it was on a Sunday and a Football game was on every screen and ppl were loud, we could not hear ourselves talk. Our fault we should not have picked a sports bar on a Sunday during football season. I would eat there again but not on a Sunday.

Visited January 2013