“Good”

grand island
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Good”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

The food was good, the waiting area smelled, the waiter was friendly. Surprising good for a chain restaurant.

Visited October 2013

Punta Gorda, Florida
“YOU COULD DO A LOT BETTER”
Reviewed October 6, 2013

After a long days drive from Boston to Knoxville we decided to spend the night in Hagerstown. Based on reading the reviews we decided to give this place a try. First of all this is a Longhorn Steak House, part of the chain.

We arrived at 6:30 p.m. and had a 15 minute wait to be seated. Once seated we waited another 10 minutes before the waitress acknowledged us. We ordered our drinks. My unsweet tea arrived as sweet tea. This was corrected and our order was taken. I had the Caesar salad nothing out of the ordinary. My wife's chopped salad was in fact a tossed salad and the greens looked liked they had been sitting out all day...Flo's filet had grizzle (very unusal for a filet) and was nothing to rave about. But to put the frosting on the cake our waitress put the check on the table before we were done with our main course and did not even ask if we were interested in a desert.

I'll take OUTBACK any day over this place.

• Visited October 2013
East Syracuse, New York
“One very satisfying supper.”
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Was promptly seated in a booth, time being shortly before 6:00. My order was grilled fresh Rainbow Trout, with a cinnamon favored sweet potato, Trout very tasty & filling, with the sweet potato being very soft to the taste, no firmness at all. The cinnamon added much to the taste. The large toss salad served before the trout/potato was filling, where I could eat only half the main course.

For dessert ordered a Chocolate Stampede, a six favored cake, with two scoops of vanilla bean ice cream. Also very good. The cake was is enough for two people. Again I needed another box for a future meal.

I recommend both.

Jack L., Syracuse, New York.

• Visited July 2013
Maryland
“A little better than average”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

I suppose that I may have a higher expectations than most people when going to a steakhouse, however I cannot discount improperly prepared food on two out of two trips to the same restaurant.
To start with the positives, our waitress was attentive and did not take long to bring out drinks, and returned to the table often to see if we needed refills, or were ready to place our orders. The appetizer of Wild West Shrimp were good, were plentiful for two people, and were presented well. I would order them again based on having them this one time.
The negatives are in the preparation of the steaks. On two separate occasions, I've ordered a steak cooked to medium, which means "warm red center, perhaps a little blood on the plate." On both occasions, my steaks were grossly under cooked, to the point one may consider the steak rare. With my latest experience I ordered the 9oz filet, again cooked to medium, but was presented with a steak which was barely warm in the center and purple in color. hmm. While cutting the meat in the center of the steak ( at its thickest point ) and laying it wide open, it was evident the steak was well under cooked. So, goes the process of sending a steak back to the kitchen in hopes they will get it right on the second try.
A few minutes later I received the same steak, which I was "ok" with, but in my opinion I should have been presented with a new steak, and here's why. Any time a steak is either cut into, and/or re-heated, a steak will have the tendency to lose a lot of it's natural juices and tenderness. And this is exactly what I experienced with the filet, albeit being cooked to a satisfactory medium-well upon returning to my table.
My recommendation after having two steaks being undercooked, then returned to me being overcooked, is to not set your expectations too high when dining at this restaurant. If you're ok with a steak being cooked rare or well done ( the two easiest ) then you should be satisfied. If you want a really good steak, cooked to perfection try the tasting room in Frederick Md.

• Visited June 2013
Renton, WA
“Didn't know it was a chain, but hey---”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

We were visiting family in MD and wanted to check out the Prime Outlets in Hagerstown. We were pleased to see this restaurant adjacent to the Mall. It was only much later that we became aware that it was part of the Olive Garden, Red Lobster family which we are familiar with on the west coast. My husband had the Sirloin Pepper Melt with fries which he liked very much. I ordered the Strawberry Grilled Chicken Salad, it was huge and tasted great. Hot bread came to the table immediately. Our server was so completely on top on things that he brought my husband a refill on his tea before we even asked. The restaurant is decorated nicely and it is always pleasant to have cloth napkins instead of the expected paper. If we ever have the opportunity to visit a LongHorn Steakhouse in the future, we will certainly do it.

• Visited May 2013