“Not Much To Brag About This Time Around”
Review of Crazy Horse Steak House - CLOSED

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed May 7, 2013

This was the second time that we had traveled to eat at Crazy Horse in Hagerstown, MD in about three years. The first time it was good ... This time they were off their mark. I was wandering when we were seated at @7:00pm on a Saturday why there weren't many people eating. I soon found out ... The service was slow ... The margaritas were icy and flat ... And the food wasn't anything to brag about.

Sorry Crazy Horse .. But you need to step up to the plate and bat like you used to.

2  Thank CoupleHarleys

Reviewed May 1, 2013

My husband and I ate at this place on a Saturday evening. We both had the ribs and they were VERY GOOD! We enjoyed the free peanuts, and we also had their version of the "bloomin Onion" and it was better than any of the others (Outback, Texas Roadhouse, etc.). The waitress was pretty good considering she had a large group celebrating two birthdays--we were "lucky" enough to get seated next to them..... We would certainly eat there again. Just a thought... try not to put couples in the midst of big groups (especially when there are open tables elsewhere).

1  Thank Eleanor G
Reviewed April 13, 2013

Had the opportunity to enjoy dinner with my family here on a quiet Sunday night. The restaurant is known for serving exotic meats. The alligator appetizer was very good. Perfect texture and very fresh taste. Most alligator I have had tends to be tougher due to over cooking. I only wish the dipping sauce had been a little spicier. The meals were well sized and flavorful. I had the burger special, a buffalo and yak blend grilled up and trimmed with wild boar bacon, a spicy cheese and a duck egg. The side was a potato salad that was fairly bland. My companion had a kangaroo taste. it appeared to be grilled well and was rather tasty, although I can't quite describe its unique flavor. Another family member, not feeling as adventurous at the time, ordered a beef steak also grilled well, served juicy and well-seasoned. The complimentary bread was excellent and the peanuts (whose shells cover the floor) are an amusing touch. The staff is very friendly. The one downfall, which I find hard to understand is the slow service, even with drink refills. It took me 10 minutes to get a tea refill, even with only 4 tables of customers. Be prepared to take your time if you choose to dine here.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

We love the roadhouse too, but Crazy Horse beats it hands down. It's a bit dark inside, but the steaks always come out great and the service is usually pretty good too. This is our favorite restaurant in Hagerstown by a long shot. I highly recommend the porterhouse, but the prime rib is incredible as well.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

I would suggest this restraunt to anyone. The ppl there areVERY friendly and the food is excellent :-)