My boyfriend and I stayed here for the first time over a weekend in February. We ususally stay at the HI-Express at BWI, but opted for the change of scenery.
And we definitely got a change of scenery. Spend the extra money and get a room on the water side of the building. It was beautiful!
The rooms were not spectacular, but they were fine for what we were looking for. The tv was as bit smaller than I'm used to seeing in hotel rooms, but we never used it, so it didn't matter to us. The shower curtain was curved outward, so it gave you the feeling that the shower/tub was larger than it really was.
When we booked online, we requested an extra pillow and it was there waiting for us when we checked into our room.
The popcorn and coffee were nice touches. Also, there were placards all over the hotel telling us that they now had wireless high-speed internet, so that covers the concern a previous poster had.
Overall, it was a nice weekend trip that allowed us to get away from staying near the airport and gave us an opportunity to eat some great seafood!
We will definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- IHG Award Winning Direct waterfront hotel on the Chesapeake Bay. Hot breakfast included with your stay, everyday. Observation Deck and Pier to get close to the Bay. Walking distance to all the restaurants and nightlife The Narrows offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cancelon, Orbitz, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Kent Island reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Kent Island Hotel Grasonville
- Holiday Inn Grasonville
- Holiday Inn Express Grasonville
- Grasonville Holiday Inn