“Good stay in a beautiful location”

Holiday Inn Express Kent Island
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Grasonville
Reviewed April 5, 2012

Most Holiday Inns are not located on a beautiful bay like this one, and besides the great views we had a clean, if slightly tight, two queen bed room. For a one night stay everything was up to snuff, including the typical HIE breakfast bar. This hotel offered a nice change of pace from the normal experience, I recommend if you are in the area.

Stayed: April 2012
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Express Kent Island

Reviewed January 30, 2012

Just returned from an annual Winter getaway on Kent Island, MD! Once again the staff of the Holiday Inn Express has shown superior service!! Everyone from Front Desk to Housekeeping are wonderful!

An expample of such service is when they learned that one of the ladies on the trip was celebrating her 65th wedding anniversary the helped celebrate the occasion by presenting her with a lovely bottle of wine!

We cant wait for our return!!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room that overlooks the water!
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 6, 2012

Amazing view of the water, superb customer service, super clean room with king size bed and very close to attractions. You can actually walk to places and save your gas. Perfect place for a 2-3 day getaway. Best time to go is in the fall and winter....it's cheaper. I would definitely recommend this place.

Room Tip: Try to get on the 3rd floor in the odd numbers (rm 300-313). Perfect view of the bay.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ebby Eb F
Reviewed December 27, 2011

We were on a road trip and decided to stay at this Holiday Inn because of the location. We had a very pleasant stay. We received a very friendly & warm greeting when we entered. We quickly checked in & went right to our room. We were all incredibly tired so we went right to bed. The beds were super comfortable. The room was calm & quiet. We all slept through the night without once waking up! We woke up well rested & refreshed. We enjoyed a nice cup of coffee and a delicious cinnamon roll before hitting the road again! The HI Express - Kent Island more than met our needs. We would stay here again the next time we are in the area.

Room Tip: They offer rooms with a view. The view is very nice so upgrade if you will be there to enjoy the vie...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed December 16, 2011

My husband decided to surprise me with an overnight stay in Grasonville, and made hotel reservations for us at a hotel we had never stayed at before in that area, the Holiday Inn Express. Our stay was in mid-November, and from the moment we walked in, we were impressed. My husband made the reservation over the phone with Eric, and when we arrived, he greeted us, congratulated me with birthday wishes, and did all he could to make us feel at home.

When we went to our room, I was so happy to see that my husband had reserved a jacuzzi room for us! I was amazed at how spacious the room was, and we very much enjoyed looking out the window to the view over the water, the marshland, and especially the wildlife of ducks and geese as they searched under the water surface for food, watching them fly, it was just perfect. I also enjoyed how the window was right by the bed, so I could lay back, relax, and enjoy our water view. As mentioned before, the room was huge, and it was also very clean. The next day, Miki, who was at the front desk, went out of her way to show us on the hallway computer how to get to their website directly instead of all the other pop-up ones that really aren't the authentic site to the hotel. We were introduced to the manager of the cleaning crew, who has been working with them for many years, another sign of excellent management.

The free breakfast was really nice too; they have a machine that makes pancakes in two minutes, and they were good! Along with yogurt, there was scrambled eggs, bacon, bagels, and their world-famous Holiday Inn hot-cross buns, delicious! Fresh orange juice, apple juice - and don't want to forget their hot coffee that is available all day and all night in the lobby - I was very impressed, and we talked about our visit for weeks after coming back home, talking about what a nice stay it was.

We are already talking about coming back for New Years to stay overnight; the staff at the Holiday Inn Express truly went above and beyond to make sure we were satisfied customers - to Eric and the staff, you all are the best!

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank anointedlady_11
Reviewed December 15, 2011

I prefer Holiday Inn Express hotels when travelling as I think they offer the best value for money around. I am always pleased with the cleanliness and a complimentary breakfast bar is welcome. The staff at this facility is great, and the hotel has the added benefit of great views from the water side. The entrance is tricky at night. It's not well lit and easy to pass as you come under the freeway. Located about 10 miles from Annapolis and across the bay bridge, this hotel is typically about two thirds the cost of the same type property in the city. All in all I would stay here as my preferred stop when in the Annapolis area.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank VATraveler55
Reviewed December 8, 2011

My party of two seniors and one adult enjoyed a one-night stopover stay at the Holiday Inn Kent Island. We were very pleased with the hotel and especially the location.

We checked in early enough to enjoy local dining in the area (menus available in the lobby to browse) and the scenery.

Make sure you get a water view room. The other side of the hotel faces the parking lot and the highway.

We had a ground floor handicapped accessible room. It was large with contemporary decor and linens. The beds and linens were very comfortable.

The accessible bathroom was very large with a roll-in shower, adjustable shower head, fold-down shower seat, and a lot of grab bars. Since the wheelchair accessible sink has a small countertop, there's a shelf for holding your stuff.

Breakfast was typical Holiday Inn fare with both hot and cold items. You can partake in the dining room, or enjoy at the hotel's best feature, the patio and pier leading to the marshy water.

Internet access is complimentary, and I was happy to find that I was able to connect with my laptop even at the pier.

I would stay here again just for the location. Its quiet views across the water to undeveloped land are very relaxing.

Room Tip: Demand a water view room!
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Grasonville
Hilton Garden Inn Kent Island
The Inn at Chesapeake Bay Beach Club
St. Michaels Inn
St. Michaels Inn
#3 of 4 in St. Michaels

Been to Holiday Inn Express Kent Island? Share your experiences!