“Always excellent”

Ranked #1 of 13 Restaurants in Grasonville
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: A dining landmark since 1930 for lunch and dinner open year round. Relax as you dine in spacious dining rooms with a panoramic view of the water. There is also a must see G scale train running on 280 feet of track suspended over two dining rooms. Our menu features only the freshest crabmeat for our award winning crab cakes, fish, oysters, lobster, shrimp, steak and clams. Surf &Turf combos, we pair a juicy cut of roasted prime rib with our choice of 7 delicious seafoods.
Eastern Shore MD
“Always excellent”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

I have been debating with myself about writing a review for Fisherman's because if too many people find out about my favorite restaurant, it will become too popular. My husband and I frequent this restaurant about once a week and usually frequent for special occasions with our families. I don't know which is better, the food, the atmosphere or the wait staff. I can't remember having a meal I didn't love in the last several years or a waitperson who didn't meet or exceed our needs and wants. The food is scrumptious...I usually order something off the specials menu, but you can't go wrong no matter what you order. The wait staff is very attentive and ready to make your dining experience as enjoyable as possible. Don't let the secret out!!!

Grasonville, Maryland
“Consistently great!”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

We frequent Fisherman's at least once a month but mostly visit the newly renovated bar. Their cream of crab is very good as are the happy hour mussels. In the spring they have the best shad roe around.

Annapolis, Maryland, United States
“Unfriendly Service”
Reviewed April 8, 2014

My husband and I stopped by Fisherman's Inn on a rainly Monday night to grab a bite to eat. We were given a nice comfortable booth. We ordered crab cakes, crab imperial and one of the daily specials--sword fish topped with crab meat. The sword fish came with "kale sprouts". I had never had them but found them bitter and tough to chew. The fish, however, was quite good.

Our main complaint was the service. Our waitress, Christin, could not have been less friendly. She did not offer to refill our drinks and when we finished our meals, she did not offer us dessert or coffee. She did finally toss a dessert menu at me when I asked about it.

I am sure the other servers are nice and friendly but if you go there, try not to get Christin!

3 Thank Andrea H
Downingtown, Pennsylvania
“stay away if you have food allergies!!!”
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Never had a problem before, and would generally give it four stars. Price is a little steep, but the food and service are good. Ambiance is a little off, but that's a function of the size of the dining room which accommodates a large dining crowd.

Here is the unforgivable part: multiple people in our large party had food allergies. The server gave a blank stare when we stated there were shell fish allergies at the table, but assured us she would make the kitchen aware. Immediate reaction was a red flag, and sure enough, a grilled chicken sandwich evoked a significant reaction due most likely to shared preparation surfaces (technically an anaphylactic reaction which can be life threatening).

Would recommend for a reasonable crab based dinner. But the place simply can not be trusted by people with shell fish allergies.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank just2ovUs
Stevensville, Maryland, United States
“Revamped bar and happy hour to go with good food!”
Reviewed March 7, 2014

The food here has always been very good and now they have remodeled the bar area and expended happy hour. Just returned from there and it is OBVIOUSLY very popular now. We had mussels, clams casino, fried oysters and raw oysters. They were all very good! Will be going back again for HH and dinner.

• Visited March 2014