Comfort Inn Grantsville-Deep Creek Lake
Casselman Inn(Grantsville)(Great Value!)
$63
Charlie's Motel(Frostburg)(Great Value!)
$50
Yough Valley Motel(Friendsville)(Great Value!)
$75
$81
$114
The Lodges at Sunset Village(McHenry)(Great Value!)
$139
$99
$89
QualityInn
$42
Priceline
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsindoor poolholiday innroom was cleanthe breakfast areaeggs and sausagelots of pillowsstayed one nightgas stationmicrowave and refrigeratordeep creekfree breakfast isthe usual amenitiesget awaylobbyinterstatecerealpennsylvania
Reviewed September 25, 2009

We needed an inexpensive place to stay while visiting a friend. We also needed a pet-friendly motel, so this was the only place within 30 miles of our destination. It turned out to be a decent place. It was very clean, newly renovated, room had frige, mircowave, and wireless internet and a nice work desk. There was a free workstation in the lobby with a printer, a really nice continental breakfast buffet, an indoor pool and very friendly staff.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
3  Thank pettraveler09
Reviewed July 17, 2009

We were returning from a trip, and I just plain couldn't concentrate behind the wheel on I-68 anymore. So I stopped here, figuring this was as good a place as any to crash out for a few hours. Much cheaper than a car wreck.

We had to wake up the night clerk, as it was early morning when we stopped. The rate was high, but not excessive considering the circumstances. Our room had a microwave oven and huge refrigerator (for this size room). The room also showed signs of recent renovation, complete with flat screen TV. There was also a nice sized writing desk and chair. Both beds had four pillows. The bathroom was furnished in the latest Choice Hotels fashion. Also, the room was spotlessly clean.

As for not-so-good things, the outside of the hotel is still undergoing renovation. The elevator needs some mechanical work -- the kids thought it sounded creepy. Also, the piano in what apparently used to be a lounge area, and now serves as the breakfast area, was badly out of tune. The breakfast area could stand a bit of renovation work as well. Props, though, to the property owner for spending the money in tough times to fix up things a bit.

I did not sample the continental breakfast -- I needed some sleep, badly -- but Number One Son reported the item of choice was to make fresh waffles yourself. Overall, I'd give our stay an average rating. It wasn't terribly bad, but not terribly outstanding either. The room was excellent, which is important, and I found the property as clean as one could expect with outside renovations happening. On the other hand, the hotel areas which haven't received renovation look a bit scruffy.

I would most likely stay here again, but others might want to wait a few months to give property management a reasonable chance to complete some more renovations.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank Sam_Damon1
Reviewed February 17, 2009

This was my 1st time staying at this location. I chose it because I only needed to stay one night, and I wanted a cheaper price then the places around the Wisp Resort in McHenry.
I noticed some reviews on here indicate that some people were glad they had a pool. But I want to warn any parents with kids who think you can come here and go swimming. Beware. The Comfort Inn website for this location says they have a pool, however, they do not tell you that the pool is undergoing renovations also, and is closed. You can't trust their website. If you're wanting to choose this place for the pool, you need to call them and make sure it will be open. We didn't have any children with us on our trip, but if we did, that would be a bummer. In a nutshell, the hotel is what it is. Nothing special, and don't come expecting anything, then you won't be disappointed. I didnt expect anything, so I really wasn't disappointed. What I would suggest, if it's after 8pm in the evening and you want to eat somewhere that's not fast food (because any other restaurant in a 10 mile radius closes at 8pm around this rural area of MD/PA line, you'd have to drive 20 miles to the nearest chain of sit down restaurants), I suggest you drive 2 exits away to the Keyser's Ridge Truckstop. Yes, it's a truck stop, but they have a restaurant, it's nothing fancy, but the food is DELICIOUS and cheap. You can get a country fried steak dinner with green beans or whatever side tickles your fancy, mashed potatoes and rolls, for like $6.00. All their food is made to order. Then we had some homemade pie and coffee for dessert. We enjoyed ourselves. We where there on a Saturday night, middle of January around 8:30pm and we were the only ones there in the restaurant. Again, it's nothing fancy, just a dining room with table and chairs, but good cheap food, and the waitress was very nice. Also they are open 24hrs a day, so you can stop by anytime and get a good meal.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 24, 2008

Our car broke down and we did not have a choice in our stay here, otherwise we would have moved on. I guess they say they are doing renovations. I do not think anything has changed since some of the other traveler posts that were made in March 2008. Still carpet rolls in the lobby area – as someone mentioned from August 2008. When I used the shower – the water was light brown – it was disgusting.
Small rooms. The cot/rollaway bed for my child was ridicules – I put my hands on the mattress and you could feel every spring from the mattress, not from the metal spring base. My daughter could not sleep on it. A cot or just foam would have been more comfortable. I shared with the front desk overnight worker apologized and said she would take it off our bill, but then in the morning a very unfriendly front desk clerk did not honor what the night front desk, as she put the price of the cot/rollaway bed back on and said that the manager told her that the rollaway was new and was not going to take it off our bill. I asked if we were going to get any type of discount since we could not even shower or use the toilet the next morning since we awake to no running water to the whole hotel and still was not working by check out (11:00am). We were stuck as our car had broken down and we had NO choice in staying here and could not leave until we resolved our car issue. I was not going to stay here another night or day.
There are signs everywhere warning if you lose money in any machines that the hotel is not responsible – expect to lose you money in the machines. The pool was closed and still had water and disgusting. The hotel was uninviting and especially the morning/day front desk lady. Not even a Happy Holiday, smile or apologizing for the issues of the hotel. Never ever stay here – it would be worth the trip to go to the next town.
The price was way over priced ($100). I have stayed at better places for less. I would never recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank momtogirl
Reviewed October 12, 2008

Stayed here because of their indoor pool for my son. Came to Grantsville for a conference. They are undergoing MAJOR renovations so it is hard to be fair in a review. New carpet smell is pretty overpowering on second floor in hallway. Does have laundry facilities for guests. Pool is no frills. No hot tub. Room looked newly renovated--no problem there. Lobby under major reconstruction--kind of big, cold and uninviting right now. Had to access Internet from couch on lobby. Didn't go to breakfast so can't comment on that.

• Stayed: September 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)