“Good Home Cooked Food”

Penn Alps Restaurant and Craft Shop
Ranked #2 of 13 Restaurants in Grantsville
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Penn Alps Restaurant offers a varied menu, including its well-known daily soup and salad bar and weekend buffets. The German ancestry of the Amish and Mennonite charter members of this nonprofit organization is reflected in many entrees on the menu. We also have an adjacent Artisan Village
Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

We only ever get the buffet. Good home cooked food for the price. Nothing fancy but good. My family loves the fried chicken!

1  Thank gerdiemom

Reviewed July 22, 2014

Great place to eat. It's a little German with a strong country style. Fried chicken is great and the buffet is wonderful. Lots of deserts.

1  Thank Refusmojo
Reviewed June 28, 2014

I had the cabbage rolls, vegetables and salad bar with dessert bar. My wife had the Penn Alps special smoked sausage served with home fried potatoes and dried corn. Our food was great with the salad bar. The next day we went back with our cousin. We had the roast turkey with dressing and the roast pork with kraut. They do have great kraut. Staff was nice and very helpful. In the restaurant they have a gift shop of baked goods and other items for sale. The artisan village has several shops; it is a great place to visit and we talked to one of the artists.

1  Thank HenryNC7
Reviewed June 22, 2014

My husband loved this restaurant years ago and would stop as he was travelling through the area. We stopped after camping and canoeing on a cold and rainy weekend...what a wonderful place to have dinner! Just like I remember in Lancaster, PA growing up...home cooking with many of the Amish dishes I love. A taste of my hometown...generous helpings, all cooked fresh and great prices. Brought back so many memories. Our family loved it! Will be back again for sure! This is a real gem in a quiet pretty area of MD...don't miss it!

1  Thank dandsgav
Reviewed June 17, 2014

Located just off of 68 and 40, it's always been a sort of tradition in my family to stop at Penn Alps for the soup and salad bar when traveling through the area. Salad bar options are plenty, typically has two soups to choose from, and includes dessert (cakes, and ice cream). Very down-to-earth, homestyle atmosphere, expect to be called "Hun" and "Hunny" a lot. All around a very comforting and tasty stop for a wondering traveler.

1  Thank fotoflow