“A Great Find”

The Irish Inn at Glen Echo
Reserve with OpenTable
The Irish Inn at Glen Echo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Glen Echo
Cuisines: American, Irish
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: MacArthur Blvd
Transit: 5 minute walk from Glen Echo bus stop
Reviewed May 22, 2013

This is a great little restaurant - off the beaten path close to Glen Echo Park. I've eaten there a lot over the last 13 years and I always order their "fish & chips" and have never been disappointed. I usually sit at the bar but this last time took a friend and at in their dining room. Whenever I want fish & chips, this is the place I go to.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

We decided to take a trip to Glen Echo and stopped here for a quick bite to eat. It was Mother's Day, and we didn't have a reservation - quite surprised we were asked as there were lots of empty tables outside. Hubby asked if there was room at the bar, and I guess it was the ower who answered that it was really busy in there, 'have a look if you don't believe me' hmmm great welcome- we were only asking if there was room at the bar. So being Britishers we went for good old Fish and Chips thinking that we couldn't go wrong ordering from an Irish establishment - so wrong.... The fish batter was so so but the fish was fully of black bits rather than white and fleshy. The chips were French fries not chips. The coleslaw was awful... vinegary and soggy. Only saving grace was our sever Ty- who went out her way to get us some bar snacks and entertained our toddler. Guess we just picked the wrong items on the menu.

2  Thank LondonVIP
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Went for Sunday brunch. Great tranquil location for a quaint restaurant with lots of history, conveniently located next to Glen Echo Park. Charming place to have lunch/brunch and take a stroll through the park on a sunny afternoon. The park next door has several attractions attractions, including a small park with a contemporary jungle gym feel for children to play.
We had a party of 4 adults and 2 small children - 18% gratuity automatically added for parties of 6 or greater. Normally not an issue, but the service was subpar. Fixed-priced brunch menu had a small, yet very diverse selection, including traditional Irish items like shepherds pie to eggs benedict, traditional breakfast options, burgers, fish tacos, and pancakes. About a half-dozen salad options ranging from around $8-$12, add $6 for chicken. Average brunch meal price around $15. Complimentary scones delivered to table pre-meal. Unfortunately, waited just shy of an hour for our food and was assured several times that it was on its way. Once the food arrived, all were satisfied with the quality and quantity. The food was above average. Unfortunately the service did not match. My only visit to this restaurant, I think/hope this is an anomaly and I would be willing to try it again based on the overall charming experience and quality of food. Would also recommend the experience to others looking for a quaint weekend dining experience.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

Yesterday, my husband and I took another couple to Great Falls for their birthdays and decided to stop for lunch afterwards. It was a lovely Saturday afternoon around 12:45 PM. We spotted the Irish Inn at Glen Echo and decided to give it a try. We were delighted that we were seated promptly and a waiter quickly appeared to take our orders. We were served our drinks (two waters and two iced teas) and proceeded to wait for our meals (three burgers and a reuben sandwich). And we waited. And we waited. Other diners were seated, served, paid their checks and their tables cleared, yet we waited. After more than an hour, we accosted our waiter who explained that there were two large parties that were slowing things down, but he assured us our orders would be served "soon." Still we waited. I finally got up and re-filled our glasses from a nearby serve station. The hostess looked at me quizzically, so I asked her to please check on our order. She did and told us the food would be out "shortly". About ten minutes later, it arrived.

Without question, the food was well-prepared and delicious -- which is the only reason I rated this establishment as highly as I did. But, unless you want to spend close to two hours for a burger -- even a tasty one -- I would encourage you to dine elsewhere. My husband asked if we would be compensated for our wait, and no one seemed to understand what he was saying.

We will not be returning to the Irish Inn at Glen Echo.

1  Thank MegtheHealer
Reviewed March 29, 2013

A common half way point for a friend. It is an old house near the Potomac River. Rambling with a bar area that reminded me of British or Irish pubs. Very casual in that room. Other rooms a big more formal but you can be relaxed. A couple of good niche spots. Lunch was excellent and the service was good. I would absolutely come here again!!!