“Poor management, few choices, long waits.”
Review of Golden Corral

Golden Corral
Ranked #77 of 268 Restaurants in Glen Burnie
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Reviewed July 18, 2013

My wife and I had a rare Saturday (during the Independence Day weekend) when neither of us had work or other commitments. We decided to start the day with breakfast at this Golden Corral location. We arrived at about 9:15, and found that the restaurant was totally and completely unprepared to provide a good experience.

We were able to find a seat rather quickly, but the buffet lines were long and the choices were few. People were standing waiting for food to be brought out, and when it was, it was in small quantities. They were advertising new thick sliced bacon, the only thing on the buffet was a few scraps swimming in 1/2 inch of grease.

My wife stood in line for an omelet for over 35 minutes, there was only one person working the omelet / waffle station. It took several attempts at the buffet line to even get the basics, such as scrambled eggs.

The waitress was great, but obviously there were not enough servers working. Tables were left covered in dirty dishes, and at one point she was forced to bring coffee refills in a cold drink cup, because they had run out of clean coffee cups.

I am a fan of Golden Corral, and especially of their breakfasts. It is not often that my wife and I are able to go out to breakfast, so this should have been a good experience. Instead of being able to sit and enjoy the meal, we had to take turns standing in lines to try to get food.

Obviously there is a management failure here. I saw the manager standing around and talking to employees, but he did not seem to be willing to pitch in and assist with the problems. It is doubtful that we will return to this location anytime in the near future.

Reviewed July 7, 2013

this is the best one I have ever been too an one of the cleanest with the nicest staff ever...and the food is always fresh an hot...salad bar is awesome cause there is so many fresh veggies to choose from..an yes there dessert bar is great too!!!

1  Thank Ticia C
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Best Golden Corral Eric our server was great! Came on wing day I tried them all very good food! We came at a good time it wasn't crowded that was a first for me at any golden corral

Reviewed May 8, 2013

Had dinner with a few friends on Sunday evening. Place was really crowded but the line moved along pretty quickly. Got a senior discount for the dinners and variety of choices was over whelming. Many different types of foods to chose from and refills of drinks and tremendous variety of desserts to chose from also.

Reviewed April 23, 2013

If you want to eat in a relax atmostphere, it's not the place. Lights are too bright, too many kids running around. Food was decent for the price, not more.

Thank S.Boutin