“Solid Hampton Service, When It Was Needed Most!”

Hampton Inn Baltimore / Glen Burnie
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Glen Burnie
Juneau, AK
“Solid Hampton Service, When It Was Needed Most!”
Reviewed October 15, 2005

I spent a Sunday night at this hotel in October 2005. I cashed in 20,000 HHonors points, making this an awards stay.

Ten days before I got here, the front desk attendant called me and asked, "We're looking forward to having you as a guest; is there anything we can do to make your stay more comfortable?" My reply was that it was 4:45 a.m. where I was (Alaska) and the first thing they could do was not wake me up to ask a question that could wait until later on in the day! While I appreciated their obvious good intentions, I would have appreciated them more had I not been roused from a sound sleep. In any event, I called the general manager later on in the day to give him a heads-up that his folks should check to see what time of day it was "on the other end" before they call an impending guest. He appreciated the feedback.

Time marched on and my visit came to pass. The day before I checked in, I somehow got into something that didn't agree with me, and was really feeling poorly the day of check-in. It was noon when I walked in the front door of the hotel and asked if they could somehow accomodate me. I was in bad need of a nap. They allowed me to occupy a room three hours prior to official check-in time, something I really appreciated. I wanted to drop off a rental car at BWI airport later on in the day, and was advised that their shuttle only runs to and from BWI during the work week. Normally, I would have had to take a cab back to the property but, again, they took steps to accomodate me by allowing me catch a ride back from the airport on the van that would bring an airline flight crew to the hotel. This was another good customer service move from the hotel, something they didn't have to do. The general manager who I had talked to ten days earlier was at the front desk when I checked in, and he made sure I got the help I needed.

This property is nestled on the edge of a large shopping center. There are plenty of shops and stores in the vicinity. It isn't the greatest neighborhood and while I didn't feel uncomfortable with the prospect of walking aroung the shops after dark, others might feel differently. There is an Old Country Buffet right around the corner, not more than approx. 250 feet from the hotel entry. It's the closest nearby place, and it is certainly safe to walk there, even after dark. There are many restaurants listed in the back of the hotel directory.

The room was a standard Hampton room. It wasn't the nicest Hampton room I've ever been in, but it was clean and quiet. The free, wireless high-speed internet connection worked flawlessly. That's the good news, the bad news is that the work desk was located right in front of the ventilation unit - prepare to be blown on if your room is setup like mine was! There is also a limited (no printer) computer workstation just to the left of the front desk in the lobby. I needed to do laundry here, but that wasn't possible as the hotel did not have such facilities on site. I've stayed at many Hamptons and this was the first one that did not have a washer and dryer on site. They do offer valet laundry and dry cleaning services, though. I had to leave too early the following morning to check out the breakfast, but I could see when I arrived at noon that it appeared to be the standard Hampton fare.

I'd normally give this hotel "three stars" but give it four since they went out of their way to be helpful to me. I would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2005, traveled on business
15 Thank dave1013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glen Burnie
La Quinta Inn & Suites Baltimore South Glen Burnie
Extended Stay America - Baltimore - Glen Burnie
Days Inn Baltimore South/Glen Burnie
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, BWI Airport (Baltimore)
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson,...
#1 of 29 in Linthicum Heights
Hilton Baltimore BWI Airport
Hilton Baltimore BWI Airport
#6 of 29 in Linthicum Heights
Comfort Inn & Suites BWI Airport

Been to Hampton Inn Baltimore / Glen Burnie? Share your experiences!