“Typical Hampton - everything was great and just as expected!”

Hampton Inn Baltimore / Glen Burnie
Ranked #1 of 6 Hotels in Glen Burnie
Reviewed July 28, 2011

The reason I like to stay at Hamptons is b/c I always know what to expect: same bedding, same bath accessories, same breakfast, etc. I understand that many Hampton Inn's weren't built from the ground up as Hamptons, many are renovated older properties that are taken over by the Hampton company. This is one of those cases. The decor (ie: wall paintings, carpeting, etc) were not the greatest, but that's not exactly what I'm paying for so who really cares? As far as amenities and services, this Hampton is on par with the Hampton Inn standard. Yes, it's in a strip mall, but that also makes it convenient to to shopping!

I would like to give kudos to the manager on duty when I arrived. My room was not ready, but I was early, so I wasn't disappointed. He took my cell number to let me know he'd contact the HK staff and get back with me with an ETA for my room. I honestly expected him to forget and planned to just return at the standadrd check in time. However, he DID call and let me know my room would be ready in about a hour and he'd call me BACK to let me know when I could return. And again, he DID! He called me almost excatly one hour later to let me know I could return to the hotel and check in at my convenience.

Wow! Unexpected customer service that went above and beyond. He could have simply said "Your room is not ready, come back at the check-in time" but he did everything he could to keep me posted and get me into my room early. I am pleased...

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed July 12, 2011

Hotel was OK, staff was very unfriendly, and not good idea to take a stroll in the neighborhood. I did this the first night and was told by a local that it is a high crome area.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed March 21, 2011

Free shuttle van drove to the airport to pick us up about 11 p.m. even though it stops running at 11 p.m. Very friendly driver had cooler with sodas and bottled water on ice. Also offered us bags of chips.

Staff at front desk was very welcoming. Arranged for cab to BWI in the morning ($24 excl. tip), which we needed because van does not start running in the morning until 7 a.m. We were on 7:25 flight.

Toilet was sluggish.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank CrazyAboutAcadia
Reviewed March 9, 2011

I have stayed 3 times. Based on price and location. Everytime there is something. They have this great shop and drop where you get a gift card. Yet they never have it when you check in. They should have that stuff on hand in advance. Rooms always have some thing wrong. Soap left in shower, hair in the sink, hair in the shower. Always says something. Its a convenient location, but you have to sacrifice them being unprepared and dirty rooms. The staff is incredible though . They do try to make it right , no matter what. The other issue with hotel , is they require a full payment in advance. So you out all that money in advance. I dont like that a bit.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank IsupportRonPaul
Reviewed February 24, 2011

on a recent trip to visit family in the suburbs of baltimore, my husband and i found this hampton inn by BWI airport at a great value. we especially enjoyed that pets were allowed at no extra cost. we booked a queen bed, but were upgraded to a king room upon arrival. free hot breakfast was an added plus, much better than just a danish and oj. the hotel was easy to get to and by many major roads. other places we were looking at for the same price were in seedy areas or seemed dirty. very happy with our choice.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 29, 2010

This hotel is in a bad area - actually located in a strip mall, its run down, room was dirty, sink didnt drain, and the staff is useless. I stay at Hampton's 3 nights a week and this is one of the worst Ive seen. Stay somewhere else if at all possible.

• Stayed: November 2010
2  Thank travelerbrian
Reviewed July 23, 2010

These people are very inconsiderate, I fell in the shower and hurt my neck, they have no dr care set up, had to pay up front 375, got back and that was was the end of it, no one asked me for a week if I was OK, I had to chase down my money, I still havent seen my money, no iron in room, no remote, cleaning staff knocked on door as they were intering at 8:15 AM in the morning and Not once but both days, nothing said from office. I would not advise anyone to stay there until they change mgr. and straighten up and tread people like they should. Bussiness center , one computer very slow in right at counter.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glen Burnie
La Quinta Inn & Suites Baltimore South Glen Burnie
Extended Stay America - Baltimore - Glen Burnie
Days Inn Baltimore South/Glen Burnie
Comfort Inn & Suites BWI Airport
Hyatt Place Baltimore/BWI Airport
Hyatt Place Baltimore/BWI Airpor...
#2 of 29 in Linthicum Heights
Best Western Plus BWI Airport North Inn & Suites

Been to Hampton Inn Baltimore / Glen Burnie? Share your experiences!