“Absolutely delicious!”

Ranked #17 of 298 Restaurants in Glen Burnie
Cuisines: Sushi
Reviewed August 16, 2017

Absolutely delicious!
I forgot all about this place. Last time I was here was with my son when he was 12. That was 5 years ago. My wife and I were on our way to the Texas Roadhouse but they were way too busy and Outback up in Glen Burnie was packed as well and then I saw this place and I vaguely remembered coming here so we decided this was dinner for the night. I wish I had taken some pictures of the food. It was and I mean every single bite, absolutely delicious. My wife and I had ordered sushi 3 different rolls, some dumplings and I don't know what (I just pointed at a picture and said I want whatever that is).
As always I had the best company anyone could ever want we just had a great time talking about our day, the good and bad of work oh and of course the house HVAC system dying today (14 years old) and what a nightmare of an expense that's going to be. But hey as I told her this too shall pass. We had probably the best dinner we've had out so far this year 2017 here at Szechuan Cafe.
We don't normally drink if we are out and driving so all we had was water but they do have what looks like a well stocked bar. We just had ice water.
The staff was very attentive and just great. The lady Elisa was fun to talk with and they all brought a great atmosphere to the dining experience. Yes I know some people won't agree but I say you have to be happy in your own skin to enjoy the smallest things around you. You can nit pick anything in the world but why do it if there is no real cause to do so. This little place is clean, friendly has awesome food is a little more expensive than some other places that have sushi but I can say that this place is worth the price.
IMO I say if you've not been here plan on a dinner come here, take your time, talk with your companion (NO PHONES), talk with the staff and take your time eating your food.

Date of visit: August 2017

Reviewed March 17, 2017

After not being able to get seated (despite a reservation) at Brian Boru, Plan B was the Szechuan. The four of us had a really good meal and our friends left with a large bag of left overs.

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed March 5, 2017

We walked in and a group was chanting Saki Bomb and then they all downed their beverage, we wondered what kind of place it was. But after that the rest of evening was quiet, very good food, fast service and moderately priced.

Date of visit: March 2017
Reviewed February 1, 2017

Seriously. This is the best Cinese/Asian restaurant this side of DC's Chinatown. Actually outpaces all Chinese restaurants in Baltimore City and anything else in Anne Arundel county.

The host is a legend with his customers and he and the rest of the staff complete the experience (as if the great food wasn't enough). They are always willing to take special requests to make your dining experience the best.

The take away menu is great but dining in is definitely worth the wait during the busiest periods. Wonderful!

Date of visit: November 2016
Reviewed November 27, 2016 via mobile

If you like real Szechuan food, this is the only place to go. If they don't have it on the menu they will make it for you. I travel with a photograph of what type a Szechuan food I like, they take my phone back into the kitchen come out and say no problem. It's the cleanest, friendliest, and their customers are boss. They are truly worth the 40-45 minute ride we take to dine there.

Date of visit: October 2016

Been to Szechuan Cafe? Share your experiences!