“Never had a bad bite”

Szechuan Cafe
Ranked #21 of 268 Restaurants in Glen Burnie
Cuisines: Sushi
Reviewed January 22, 2014

We've eaten at Szechuan frequently and enjoyed each item we ordered. We've eaten entrees, Sushi, Maki rolls, and appetizers at Szechuan and won't go any place else for Asian dishes. The shrimp toast is the best. I don't think you'll be disappointed picking this place for eat in or carryout.

1  Thank lindac562

Reviewed November 29, 2013

My family and I have been happy customers of the Szechuan Café since it opened in an unassuming little strip mall in Pasadena. The good: the food is uniformly wonderful and comes in good sized portions so there's always some left to take home for later when the midnight Chinese food craving strikes. My personal favorites are the shrimp chop suey and the kung pao chicken (white meat!). The staff is so friendly and Mr. Tim, the owner, is often around to chat with customers. He always remembers the regulars. The bad: (and I hate to even mention this because I love this place so much) the last two times we ordered pick-up, our sushi orders were not in the bag. Ok, so we'll just check more carefully in the future. Then, once when my daughter and I stopped in for sushi we didn't order drinks, preferring to save our money for the tip, so asked for a pot of tea instead. We were surprised that we were charged for the tea (a first time occurrence) because, according to the waiter, tea is only free with the Chinese food, not the Sushi. A little bothersome but I guess he's the one who suffered since it was his tip we drank!

Reviewed November 23, 2012

This is a pleasant small strip mall cafe with good service, but the food is just 'OK'. Hot and sour soup was not spicy like it should be. Ordered black pepper chicken and scallops, which had too much sauce without a very pepery flavor and only two very small pieces of scallops. The crab crepes were the same as the crab and cheese dumplings but the menu did not say so. I ordered brown rice with the meal and that was interpreted as fried rice.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

Ready for an amazing culinary experience? Begin with some hot tea or a myriad of appetizers while you wait for your oh! so beautifully prepared food--each item intense color and taste.. Look for the rose made out of a carrot, or turnip that is on your plate. The sushi is a work of art with taste to match. The extra niceties--a hot napkin to refresh you between courses, Perhaps some sherbet to delight your pallet! Look for the owner to visit your table to be certain you are enjoying your food. It is an artistic, articulate experience.

Reviewed March 19, 2012

This place is very nice. Great sushi and chinese food! The restaurant is very clean and decorated nicely. We ordered sushi and teriyaki chicken and general tso's chicken. Everything was cooked just right and had alot of flavor. The staff are very friendly and very polite. I will be back!!