“Excellent Mexican food for a good price”

Los Portales Incorporated
Ranked #13 of 261 Restaurants in Glen Burnie
Cuisines: Mexican
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Catonsville, Maryland, United States
“Excellent Mexican food for a good price”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

This restaurant, on the BWI airport loop, has delicious, authentic Mexican food and it's not too expensive. We have been 5 or 6 times and the food has consistently been wonderful. I have had the Chicken Chimichanga and last night, a beef and chicken fajita. Both were great! The wait staff is variable. Our waiter last night was not very personable, though he was efficient. We've had great waiters and not as great waiters. If you're headed to the airport and you like Mexican, try this place out.

• Visited August 2013

Baltimore
“Decent, cheap eats”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

I like Los Portales. I've never been here for dinner, but I occasionally drive over here from work during my lunch hours for a change of pace.

This joint offers genuine, but pretty average, Mexican food at a darn affordable price. You can easily get stuffed with just $5-$10 on their lunch menu. For example, I'm pretty sure I've gotten both a soft-shell taco and a chicken quesadilla for approximately ten bucks. Because it's so cheap, I also sometimes buy an extra item and take it to go for the night's dinner.

The good thing about dining in for lunch is that Los Portales is nearly empty, service is attentive, and food gets out quickly.

Visited October 2012
Solomons, Maryland
“It's ok, but not the best I've been to.”
Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

Just left here with my family. Seated quickly, waiter came 10 minutes later to get our drink order. Food came out fast. Ordered a taco, came out soggy and broken. Family ordered fajitas. Ok portion, however thought it was odd that they leave the tails on the shrimp. I've been to a lot of Mexican restaurants and had many fajitas...never have I seen anyone leave the tails on. Took another 15 minutes after finishing eating to get our check- the waiters were too busy watching TV. I see why they were empty on a Saturday night. This place was just okay to me. I won't be returning.

• Visited July 2013
Severna Park, Maryland
“Best spot after flight”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Frequently we find that when we pick folks up from BWI we are looking for somewhere to eat.
Los Portales is always friendly and the food is fantastic. This is also a great spot for a lunch. I know that Gerald loves subway, but you can only eat so many submarine sandwiches.

• Visited May 2013
“Excellent Authentic Mexican Food the best in GB”
Reviewed May 6, 2013

I have been here a few times and I must say that their food is good, the quesadilla's are good and their fajitas are really good along with their drinks and salads.

• Visited May 2013