“AVOID.”
Review of Romanos Restaurant

Romanos Restaurant
Ranked #18 of 261 Restaurants in Glen Burnie
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Description: Romano's Restaurant is a casual family restaurant serving fresh seafood, mouthwatering steaks, irresistable pastas, garden fresh salads, homemade desserts and much more. We use only the finest and highest quality ingredients in all of our dishes. All of the staff at Romano's is dedicated to providing te finest cusine and serice ensuring each guest's experience is memorable!Romano's serves one of Maryland's best award winning crab cakes. We use only the finest jumbo lump crabmeat and perfect blend of spices to create this masterpiece. You will not be dissapointed.
Baltimore, Maryland
“AVOID.”
Reviewed August 18, 2013

The fact that you are checking reviews on TripAdvisor means you probably enjoy cuisine and dining out. Steer well clear of this restaurant! You will leave a sad person. The interior is bland, uninviting and grubby. There was a dehumidifier in our dining room which should tell you something. The wait staff is a "rough crowd". My water glass had old lipstick and brown sludge on it. Bread was served on a salad plate--guess that's all they had left. The food was an absolute BORE. Think of school cafeteria in the most unappealing, unseasoned, flat way. Cooked veggies out of a can heated in a microwave. This restaurant has NOTHING to do w/ Rome or Italy or good food. Just keep driving...

• Visited August 2013

Severn, Maryland
“Great Crabcakes”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

My husband and I visited Romanos last evening. He enjoyed the t-bone steak and raved about the Maryland crab soup. I tried the spinach pie, it was ok. The crabcake was fantastic. I highly recommend the crabcakes. The service was great.

Glen Burnie, Maryland, USA
“Great crabcakes but hold the rest”
Reviewed July 22, 2013

As locals to the area, like to go to Romanos after church on Sundays for the crabcakes. As far as anything else, don't bother the food is not good, has poor taste and the kitchen is unappealing when you go in to order carry out. Since we go there a lot the wait staff is friendly to us, but I have seen them be passe towards others. I think they should leave the larger menus to the local diners, and just open up a crab cake carry out.

Glen Burnie
“VERY DISSAPOINTED”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

me and my girlfreind went to Ramonos think it would be a good meal how dissapoited i was i ordered the shrimp scampee and it was served to me with 6 shrimp on a bed of white rice i have NEVER seen this before i always thought it came on a bed of pasta the rice was terrable soggy and mushy and my girlfreind god lazania and she said it had no taste and neither was served with garlic bread nor were we ask if we wanted any. i dout if this girl will ever go out with me again

John A, Manager at Romanos Restaurant, responded to this review, July 12, 2013
I would like to appologize for your unpleasant experience. All restaurants prepare food in different ways. Our menu states that the shrmp scampi is served over rice. We would have gladly served it over pasta if you would have asked us to do so. Also we only use the highest quality ingredients. The shrimp used in your meal was jumbo shrimp and thus there were only six. Other restaurants choose to use small shrimp and therefore serve more. We beleive in serving quality rather than quantity. Also, the menu states that the lasagna is served with bread and butter. If you would have asked for garlic bread we would have been more than happy to serve you some. We strive at statisfying our customers, and thus go above and beyond to meet their needs. All you have to simply do is ask. I hope this experience does not keep you from coming back. We would love to serve you again and cater to all of your needs.
Baltimore, Maryland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Unappetizing”
Reviewed June 14, 2013

My wife and I recently tried this restaurant and found it to be completely unappetizing. It purports to be Italian-American, so my wife ordered the veal francese and I ordered veal cordon bleu. We also ordered a bottle wine. We began to have trepidations when our waiter had a difficult time opening the bottle of wine and apologized that he didn't open too many bottles of wine. Then the food took forever to arrive. When it did arrive, the veal francese was swimming in a congealed sauce and was both unappetizing to look at and nearly inedible. The veal cordon bleu was also over sauced, but palatable. The rice was pedestrian, the mashed potatoes tasted like they were instant, and the green beans cooked to mush. At least our server took the veal francese off the check and offered us free desserts (we declined).

• Visited June 2013