“Fine Italian Dining”

Glen Burnie, Maryland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fine Italian Dining”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

The food here is unquestionably delicious. Very authentic Italian cuisine, just like you would find in Baltimore's Little Italy (and at similar prices). Enjoy.

• Visited May 2013

“Delicious and Gracious Dinner”
Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

Just returned from our dinner in celebration of the New Year. Our dinners' presentations were beautiful, the food delicious and the service impeccable. As I stepped through the doorway, I went from the non-descript shopping center front into old world Italy. White linen tablecloths, lovely music and a serene decor surrounded me. We were offered a price of $55 for a four course special holiday dinner. We opted to pay full price for fewer courses. The best dish by far was four cheese stuffed mushroom caps. We also enjoyed chicken marsala and veal scallopini. Trattoria Alberto outshines the more well known restaurants in Baltimore's Little Italy. I'll be returning for New Year's Eve next year!

Baltimore, Maryland
“excellent”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

i do not unsterstand the negative reviews. i have eaten at alberto's at least 10 times over the years (including last night) and have always enjoyed exceptional food and service. it is true that alberto's is more expensive than many other restaurants, especially in glen burnie, maryland. but you get what you pay for. if you want cheap and ordinary italian, go elsewhere. this is high end dining and worth the money.

• Visited August 2013
Boston, Massachusetts
“First time visitor”
Reviewed May 1, 2013

This one has some ups and downs; the food overall was very good, service was generally good while the menu selections were mixed.
The appetizer choices were lengthy; the owner stopped by and recommendedw splt 2 pasta dishes 4 ways; it was a great recommendation. The gnocci and fettucine were light, home made pasta with 2 sauces each very good.
Our choice for wine and a veal entree were met with "we are out of that". The wine I could understand; it was a popular white and a substitue was recommended (at a lower price) but the veal choice was a menu staple, on the menu 3 different ways. A substitute was offered a veal chop which was very good but a different dish altogether.
The restaurant was nearly empty on a Saturday at 7pm; hard to understand for food as good as this.
Overall the food was good enough to get us to return; I hope they have the missing menu items.

• Visited April 2013
Linthicum Heights, Maryland
“Rude Service Bad Food Even Worse Management”
Reviewed April 27, 2013

I will begin by saying I have never been treated so rudely in my life , The staff including I believe the owner were very nasty and ignorant. The food was bland and not seasoned
well at all. My entree was dried out and tasteless. In addition the prices are over priced to say the least for bad food and horrible service. I saw only a few patrons when I was there and I felt bad for them as well. The resturant was very empty and I now understand why DONT WASTE YOURE TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!olive tree is better great service great food

• Visited April 2013