“Wrong Restuarant but glad we found this gem! :)”

Seaside Restaurant & Crab HSE
Ranked #5 of 269 Restaurants in Glen Burnie
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed October 15, 2009

We went here thinking it was a place we ate at 8 years ago, it wasn't but we were nicely surprised with the food. My husband wanted the soft shell crab (had it at another place 8 years ago) ordered the soft shell sandwich because he wanted to eat light. The crab was very large and being soft shell no work, hubby said it was as good as he remembered. Cream of crab soup was very good also. I had a burger, I know seafood restuarant, but it was excellent. The place was very busy but the staff was right on top of it. Never had to ask for a refill on my beverages wait staff always checking to see if more was needed. A very nice late dinner for a couple of weary travelers,we will be back.

Reviewed September 28, 2009

We were flying out of BWI Friday morning so stopped for crabs Thursday night. They were out of our price range $55small,65med,75large for a dozen. I didn't study them closely at the next table but the large didn't look overly large. But the fish was on special Thursday nights. Salmon, talapia, ROCKFISH, and another I can't recall for half price, plus two sides. Maryland crab soup should have been called stew, luscious. Calamari, among the best I've had (and I try it a lot). Then the fish came out, two huge fillets cooked your choice of fried, broiled or blackened (I think). Excellent cole slaw. Onion rings were only disappointment, OK batter but too big and thick.
We went back on Sunday afternoon when the appetizers were on sale half price. Again calamari great, broiled oysters with cream sauce (forget menu name) very good, fried shrimp good, and others I forget. Overall Very Good. Oh, and the service was very good, they were busy but not swamped.

1  Thank Erka
Reviewed June 10, 2009

Recently had dinner at this establishment with friends for a birthday. We had a group of ten and enjoyed a nice dinner. The food was good and the service was average. The waiter was attentive and handled our diverse group with ease. We'll definitely go again because their crabs are at the top of the list for the area. Hope our next visit is as good as the first.

1  Thank dancindivas
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed June 1, 2009

Great seafood. Plus they have steamed crabs year-round.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed July 29, 2008

I've been going to Seaside for years. Whenever anyone asks me where to get steamed crabs, I always recommend Seaside. What first timers may not know though is that if you want to make sure you get crabs before they run out, get there by 3:30pm to avoid the rush and get a seat since they start serving crabs at around 4pm, and grab an appetizer in the meantime. You may have to wait a bit to get seated, but it is definitely worth the wait! For those who have stated that they received bad service, I am sure it was a very busy night, and the waitresses may have been overwhelmed because I have never received any less than great service when I have gone to Seaside and I have gone there many, many times! And also, gratuity is not added on to parties less than 6, and you need 6 people to get a reservation, but if you get there early it should not be a problem! I will always go to Seaside to get my steamed crabs! :)

2  Thank sam2130