“Great rum selection, decent service, and original food”

Mutiny Pirate Bar & Island Grille
Ranked #11 of 266 Restaurants in Glen Burnie
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Ahoy you scurvy dog! Permission to come aboard has been granted! Prepare for a bounty of good food and drink at Mutiny Pirate Bar and Island Grille. Serving classic bar food with a Caribbean twist in a relaxing, laid back atmosphere, where we make everything from scratch in house. All of our cocktails are lovingly crafted using fresh squeezed juices, house infusions and syrups, and carefully selected rums from our huge selection; one of the largest in the United States. Our beer program features a dozen rotating drafts including some of the best craft beers from breweries both local and beyond. The Bar and Grille offers fabulous foods, an ocean full of beverages and the friendliest crew on the high seas. Under the watchful eye of the Captain, there are plenty of good times and laughter as he steers the ship toward fair winds and the carefree life of a pirate. If ye be lookin for adventure, then come aboard. MUTINY awaits!
Reviewed July 12, 2012

Mutiny has an excellent rum selection and if you plan on trying a lot of run it is worth while to join the rum club. Also, if you join their mailing list they offer great drink and food specials on a weekly basis.

The atmosphere is unique at Mutiny; the inside looks like a pirate ship and is well decorated; however, you would never guess it by looking at the outside of the bar, which looks like your average Glen Burnie dive bar.

The service is good if you are at a table; however, if you sit at the bar the service is hit or miss, regardless of if the bar is full or empty.

Glen Burnie isn't really known for having great restaurants or food, so I give Mutiny credit for coming up with a creative and unique menu. The food is bland at times though, the quality and portions are average, and the consistency of the cooking is mediocre. However, Mutiny is fairly new to the area so I will certainly be going back.

Overall, I would say if you are in the Glen Burnie area, Mutiny is a great place to stop to have some drinks and appetizers.

Reviewed June 28, 2012

Tucked deep inside a residential neighborhood, this out-of-the-way bar is worth a special trip. There is a large parking lot, but it seems to fill up fast at busy times (like trivia night), and care should be taken not to park in any of the not necessarily clearly marked "tenant" spaces. There is some kitschy pirate decorations, but we did not find them overwhelmingly tacky. There are tables outside under their covered entrance, but we chose to grab two seats at the gorgeous wood-topped bar in front of one of the large TV screens and watched the O's game. The food is really the star at this place, and the menu is just varied enough to highlight that. From the many seafood options, we ordered the Middleneck Clams as an appetizer. They came in a broth that my wife loved, and I felt was a good complement with the crusty bread that came with it. I was tempted to get a burger to take advantage of some of their very interesting toppings (it was build-your-own-burger-bar night), but we both opted for seafood entrees after being impressed with the clams. My wife enjoyed her fish tacos and I went with the fish & chips. While I found my piece of fish to be a tad over-fried, the spicy dipping oil and tartar sauce that accompanied it made for a very tasty dish. The pile of tiny fries that accompanied it were also cooked and seasoned well. Our friendly bartender was helpful and attentive all evening, and kept our glasses filled with Boh and Heavy Seas Pilsner as we drained them. I'm not sure how the price structure works for drinks there. I thought we were getting one price, but it turns out I was looking at the 12 oz. pour list and we were being brought 20 oz. pours. However, I think some discount was applied to that price since the receipt shows a lower price than what the 20 oz. should have been, and was a very oddball ampount to boot. Maybe a discount was applied because we were there on trivia night, or maybe happy hour runs later at this place than others, or maybe it was part of their apology for the delay in bringing out our entrees (which we would not have noticed if they didn't tell us.) Still, the price differences weren't drastic or unreasonable. It's definitely worth the trip.

Reviewed March 16, 2012

I like this place...not as much as Iron Bridge, but it is fun. The prices are awesome for craft beer (4.75 for 20 oz. of Heavy Seas...awesome). The food is pretty good...not nearly as high quality as the sister restaurant, but pretty decent for bar food. The location is a bit odd...smack dab in the middle of a residential neighborhood. Overall, pretty fun.

Reviewed February 20, 2012

My husband and I visited this restaurant late on a Saturday afternoon because we had a coupon. It is tucked away in a residential neighborhood near the water. Whenever I eat somewhere new I usually ask the wait staff or bartenders what their favorite dishes/drinks are. Our bartender was very helpful and attentive and spent a lot of time telling us which drinks were patron favorites and which meals were ordered the most frequently. I told her that I'm on a diet and asked her to recommend some healthy dishes. She said that the Captain's Seafood Stew and the Grilled Mahi Mahi were very popular. I ordered the seafood stew and my husband had a burger. The description of my dish on the menu was accurate - it was shrimp, mussels, clams, and fish pieces in a tomato broth with some small vegetables. I thought it was just mediocre and the way the vegetables were cut reminded me of frozen bagged vegetables. My husband said his burger was "okay", but tasted a bit like charcoal. I think it is early to judge this restaurant as they have only been open a couple of months. The atmosphere is fun and they have an extensive selection of rums as well as signature cocktails and 12 beers on tap. We heard the mojitos are great but didn't try them this time. We would like to return with friends and try some of the other dishes and drinks. I'll update my review when we have done that.

Reviewed January 8, 2012

The server was non-attentive and short, the food was some of the worst we have ever tasted, the prices are definitely not worth the food. I have never felt so strongly about a restaurant that I would search for a place to review it. The food was under cooked and cold and so was the waiter. Don't waste your time here. Dinner for three came to $60.00 (this included two drinks) and we were there 2 1/2 hours because the waiter was so slow. DON'T GO!

1  Thank Rachel S
Winegeekrob, Owner at Mutiny Pirate Bar & Island Grille, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2012

We're very sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy yourself on your last visit. As a new restaurant, we strive to provide excellent food and service and obviously on your last visit, we missed the mark. We own and operate the Iron Bridge Wine Company in Columbia and have been on Baltimore magazine's Top 50 Best Restaurants list for 7 years running. So, quality is VERY important to us. If you would be willing to give us another chance, we'd love to make it up to you. Kindly email me your address and I will forward a dining certificate for your next visit. Thanks for your feedback and please know that we take all comstructive critism very seriously. We hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks!