“Worth the wait.”

Mi Pueblo Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 266 Restaurants in Glen Burnie
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

After eating at lots of chain restaurants during our visit, it was nice to find a locally owned place with great food. Mi Pueblo is a classic hole-in-the-wall Mexican place, with great fajitas and guacamole made fresh at your table. We had to wait about 45 minutes for a table on a Friday night, but it was worth it. This was a fun place to eat with very good food.

1  Thank Rams1994

Reviewed August 1, 2013

Party of 4 looking for a quick, relaxing, delicious, inexpensive, friendly night out. Scored on all points.

This stand alone restaurant (not a chain) is located in a sleazy looking strip mall with Bail Bonds and Nail salons but don't let the location fool you. It was just right. The decor inside is colorful, cheery, open and inviting. Tables are far enough apart to get through without bumping anyone or having to listen to other's discussions. Booths had high backs so you did not notice other parties.

As soon as you are seated, a guacamole cart comes along and the guac chef offers to make you fresh guac, tableside. You pick the fresh ingredients (no cilantro for us please!) that he has displayed , he mashes and mixes the ingredients and serves you a VAT of delicious, fresh guac with chips and salsa. Chips are home made, salsa has a great kick and is home made as well. We did not think we would finish it but we fought over the last bits and would have licked the bowl if we thought we could get away with it!

Menu is extensive and includes a kids menu! http://www.mipueblomexicanfood.com/menu.htm. We ordered tacos, a spicy shrimp dish, a spicy chicken dish and a pork dish. All but the tacos came with spanish rice (with a gentle kick to it), refried beans (spiced up to be flavorful but not hot), a scoop of guacamole and lettuce/tomato salad. All portions were generous and we ended up taking home 2 containers for lunch tomorrow. 5 or 6 desserts were offered, we did not partake.

With 2 margaritas and 2 club sodas, the meal came to $90 including a 20% tip. The service warranted the 20% - our wait STAFF consisted of 3 people making sure we had everything we needed without being a nuisance.

Looking forward to their second location opening up in Severna Park, closer to me.

1  Thank poipoi29494
Reviewed July 24, 2013

My wife, a friend and I found ourselves in Glen Burnie yesterday around lunchtime and casting about for someplace to eat. Before I could whip out my smart phone and check Trip Advisor, we were pulling into a strip mall and heading into Mi Pueblo. We got lucky … really lucky.

Because our total experience there fully supported the high marks Mi Pueblo has gotten here. Bottom line – food, service and prices are great.

Now the details. We were quickly seated by the friendly staff, and as we were sliding into our booth, a basket of warm tortilla chips and a dish of salsa appeared. As the waitress went off to get our drinks, a rolling cart appeared and we were offered freshly-made guacamole, made to order. I knew instinctively that it wasn’t free, but having guac made before your eyes is, to me, pretty much irresistible. It was delicious.

My wife had a taco salad, and the rest of us had various enchilada combinations. We all thoroughly enjoyed our meals, and are looking forward to going back to try more items from their menu. This is a longer drive from home than the local Annapolis Chevy’s, but it’s worth the drive.

Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

Great tasting Mexican food, at tentative waitstaff, beautiful decor that adorns the walls inside, and they sing the traditional Mexican birthday song for those celebrating a birthday. "Las Mañanitas" is the name of it. Fun times! Delicious comforting Mexican for meat lovers and vegetarians alike to enjoy!

1  Thank Kanicane
Reviewed June 18, 2013

This review is for dinner on a Weds evening; group of 5 women mid 30's to mid 40's; for 2 of us it was our first visit, the rest had visited several times before. We walked in, and were seated immediately. A man came around with a cart and offered homemade guacamole - we decided to partake. CAUTION - it may seem like this is complimentary, but it is not. I think we were charged $9. But it was GOOD - and I don't typically like guacamole - so if it's in your budget, I do recommend getting it. Plus it's fun to watch him make it right there at your table.

All 5 of us were happy with our menu choices. I ordered "La Favorita" (One chicken quesadilla, one cheese enchilada and Spanish rice; $8.99) and it was delicious. The enchilada was RICH (smothered in cheese). The quesadilla, unfortunately, was a little soggy on the bottom, but still very good. I can't remember what the rest of the group ordered, but they all had complimentary things to say about their food.

Two of us split a dessert - I can't remember the name of it, but it was a pastry of some sort with ice cream and honey. YUM! Next time I go, I'll be getting the Baked Alaska.

Overall, fantastic atmosphere, delicious food, and good service. I'll be back soon!