“Neat Experience”

Mission BBQ
Ranked #1 of 262 Restaurants in Glen Burnie
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Large groups, Kids, Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: A new restaurant approximately one month old.
Glen Burnie
“Neat Experience”
Reviewed May 14, 2014

If you are a patriotic person you will absolutely love this place. The décor is fantastic! The food was very good. I had pulled pork and brisket. This is a great place to treat guests to because it is so unique.

• Visited January 2014

Glen Burnie, Maryland
“Fun place to visit”
Reviewed May 13, 2014

A friend and I ate here for the first time, about 1 p.m. on a weekday. Tables were set up outdoors and plenty of people took advantage of the lovely day. We didn't realize it was a cafeteria type line. Food is good. It was a little noisy -- friendly noise -- but someone on the wait staff says it was a calm day. This is probably a great place (that's not a "bar") to meet people. Lots of patriotic stuff going on, with free sandwiches on Veterans' Day for service personnel.

• Visited May 2014
Baltimore, Maryland
“Amazing Food”
Reviewed May 10, 2014 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Mission BBQ is starting to become a regular stop for my family. They have great food and great sauces, my family particularly likes the turkey with a mix of Texas and Memphis sauces. The fresh cut fries are amazing, and I love that they have Old Bay to put on it.
This particular visit I tried their rotating "Black Plate Special", which was Salmon. This is by far the best salmon I have ever eaten, possibly one of the best entrees I've ever had! I will be back multiple times next year during Lent!
Service is always fast and friendly. They have someone who walks around and offers to fill drinks and bring things you might need.
Highly recommend them and although I am sad the Salmon is gone for another year, I am excited to try their next black plate special!

Visited April 2014
1 Thank Richard L
Baltimore, Maryland
“We love Mission BBQ!”
Reviewed May 5, 2014

This is a favorite of my husband and I- especially if we want something quick yet still delicious. We're both pretty stuck on getting our favorites, so admittedly we haven't tried that many of their dishes. I get the brisket (moist), and he gets the pulled pork sandwich and fries. The brisket has always been good. I order it moist which means I'm getting more fat in the meat, but also more flavor. There have been some instances where a piece has been mostly fat with very little meat, but you do get several pieces with each portion and overall it's been fantastic. I've tried several of their side items. I'm disappointed the creamed corn they had is no longer on the menu, but the mac and cheese that seemingly replaced it is yummy. Gooey, cheesy deliciousness. Their fries feature a great seasoning, and the green beans are good too- although they had a bit of a spicy kick that I didn't expect.

When you go in, you order your food at the counter and then wait until they call your name. While waiting you can feel free to find a table and get your drinks, condiments, etc. The food has never taken more than a few minutes to come out. You have a choice of a number of different barbecue sauces to add to your meat. Our favorite is the Bay-B-Que.

Once you are seated and depending on how busy it is, wait staff will come by to check on you, offer refills on fountain drinks, and take your trash. You are able to take care of these things yourself as well. The decor is a tribute to the armed forces, police, and firefighters with patches from veterans and those still serving decorating the place. The restaurant is a big supporter of all of these branches of service, and frequently donates funds to organizations like the Wounded Warrior Project. They have had fundraisers for local charities as well, so you can feel even better about eating here. The prices are also reasonable. My husband and I can both eat here and get a full, excellent-quality meal, including sides and drinks, for about $20.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank peachkins
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
“Top notch BBQ”
Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

Having tried BBQ from all over the country, this is by far my favorite BBQ restaurant. The brisket is my go-to and I am never let down. Please try the bay b que sauce and the Alabama white. The staff is awesome and the tea is sweet.

Been to Mission BBQ? Share your experiences!