“Outstanding... reminds me of Rudy's in Texas”
Review of Mission BBQ

Mission BBQ
Ranked #1 of 262 Restaurants in Glen Burnie
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine, Large groups, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: A new restaurant approximately one month old.
Baltimore, MD
“Outstanding... reminds me of Rudy's in Texas”
Reviewed February 21, 2014

Have been waiting for a good Texas-style BBQ place to come to our area. It's about time! Anyone who has been to a Rudy's in Texas will really appreciate this place.

Took the wife here for lunch today. I got the Brisket & Turkey combo with a side of beans. Wife got a pulled pork sandwich with a side of mac and cheese. The Turkey was incredible. The brisket was very good too.

Everything was cooked perfectly and had great flavor.

Really enjoyed the choice of sauces on the table. I think there were 7 total. My favorites were Smoky Mountain and the Texas Twang. All styles of sauce are represented here (Memphis, Carolina, etc)

Great selection of iced down sodas and beer on the way in. Fountain sodas with free refills also available.

Can't wait to go back and try the ribs.

• Visited February 2014

Glen Burnie, Maryland
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Some of the best BBQ around.”
Reviewed February 19, 2014

I visit Mission BBQ frequently and love the food, especially the pulled pork and fries. The portion sizes are very good! When you walk in and breath in that BBQ smell you just know your in for a good food experience. The staff are very friendly and they aim to please. They make everyone that walks through the door feel welcome. Happy to have them in Glen Burnie.

• Visited February 2014
Linthicum, MD
“Maryland Barbeque”
Reviewed February 5, 2014

Considering how much we love barbeque and how close this place is, it's a wonder it took so long for us to try it. Honestly, I didn't know how welcome a couple of ageing hippie peaceniks would be in this very pro-military establishment. Happily, the atmosphere is quite warm and friendly, and we can all agree on good barbeque. You place your order at the counter, and then come to pick it up when your number is called. As you approach the counter, you'll see a cooler holding glass bottles of old-fashioned sodas. You can also order fountain drinks or beer. On our first visit, we tried the ribs. The second time around, it was pulled pork. I preferred the ribs. They are very meatly, lightly seasoned, and served without sauce. The six varieties of sauce available on each table make for some tough decisions. All the ones that I tried were tasty. The serving of pulled pork that I had on my second visit was just too fatty. I had to leave a good portion of it uneaten. The sides are good and the prices are fair. I'll be back, but I'll probably order the ribs.

• Visited December 2013
Baltimore, Maryland
“Fantastic Food at a Fantastic Place”
Reviewed January 20, 2014

I ate here for the first time today and will be dreaming about the sandwich I had. I had a Tennessee Tower and it was magnificent. The turkey was moist and flavorful and the jalapeno sausage was mouthwatering. The atmosphere inside was a treat and the staff were very friendly and helpful. What a great way for a local business to give back to the community. What a great place and great people! And the prices are great too. The cornbread was moist and flavorful and the fries hot and crunchy.

• Visited January 2014
Walpole, Massachusetts
“The original location is fantastic”
Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

I experienced the noon National Amthem for the first time. What an amazing moment especially with the dozen military in the resteraunt. This place has amazing food, amazing service, and we should all be proud of the way they give back. It makes me proud to be American. More resteraunts should pay tribute for those who serve and protect.

Been to Mission BBQ? Share your experiences!