“Red, White and BBQ at Mission”
Review of Mission BBQ

Mission BBQ
Ranked #1 of 269 Restaurants in Glen Burnie
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Delivery
Description: A new restaurant approximately one month old.
Reviewed December 28, 2013

Mission BBQ is one of the best BBQ joints that I've been to in Maryland. Each day they have a different black plate special, and they have been excellent. Their smoked prime rib has a wonderful smokey flavor throughout the meat and the smoked meat loaf was also very good. There is a very patriotic theme in the place with lots of memorabilia from the 5 armed forces and various police and fire departments.

Reviewed December 27, 2013

No surprise that this place falls a notch or 2 below what you'd find in Memphis or Kansas City. But there are actually better local options like Famous Dave's as well. The meat was oddly bland and lacking in smokiness. The sides were ok but the portions a bit on the small side.

The military decor was a little over the top but I'm not much on wearing patriotism or religion on my sleeve. The place was clean and the service competent and efficient.

Reviewed December 24, 2013 via mobile

My fiance and I were recommended mission barbecue by a coworker. We went and it was fantastic! We try and go weekley of we can. I recommend if you have the turkey try the alabama white sauce! They also have a gluten free menu which is a plus since my sister is gluten free!

Reviewed December 20, 2013

This place is a "must try" if you are close enough and enjoy BBQ. I, myself would go out of my way to eat here. The selection was large and the portions generous. We got there at lunch time and the lines were long, but the staff kept people moving through and the wait was minimal. The staff was very cordial and extremely helpful and genuinely tried to make your meal enjoyable.
"WARNING" If you are not a patriot or you do not love the United States and its' defenders this is not a place for you, period!!

Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

My family loves this place. We eat here at least once per week. Great lean brisket and turkey. Love the Mac and cheese. The newer cornbread recipe is nice. And the seasonal desserts are a nice touch. Decor is good and theme is very appropriate.

Been to Mission BBQ? Share your experiences!