“Great Food, Fast Service”
Review of Mission BBQ

Mission BBQ
Ranked #1 of 261 Restaurants in Glen Burnie
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Delivery
Description: A new restaurant approximately one month old.
Baltimore, Maryland
“Great Food, Fast Service”
Reviewed October 9, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Mission BBQ has amazing BBQ, great fresh hand cut fries and, strangely enough, the best lemonade I've had! Its even nicer to know that they donate to Wounded Warrior Project and First Responders. Come for their "mission" or come for their food, but you won't be disappointed. And, how can you not like a restaurant with Old Bay Shakers at each table!

Visited August 2013

Leominster, Massachusetts
“Excellent Brisket Sandwiches”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

Visiting family in Maryland who suggested a short road trip (45 minute drive) to try the BBQ at Mission BBQ. It was well worth the trip. Excellent brisket -- tender and flavorful. At least six different types of BBQ sauce to add as you want. Fries and turkey sandwiches were also excellent. Ribs are also available.

Service was excellent -- quickly explained the difference between wet and dry. Brisket sandwiches were ready in just a couple of minutes for our party of 5.

I'll be back every time I visit Maryland again.

• Visited October 2013
“I just really like this place”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

I like to go to Mission BBQ. The staff is way beyond friendly, the food is good, and I like the military friendly theme. They even have a wounded warrior reserved parking space which shows an appreciation for those heroes who've served our country.
I haven't had anything on the menu that I haven't liked. The mac & cheese is the bomb and they serve the best corn bread around-make it a point to stop here-they do not disappoint.

South Pasadena, Florida
“100% Great BBQ, 110% American”
Reviewed September 22, 2013

When I discovered this place, I knew I was going to be returning. Rather than relate the place, I shall endeavor to relate the experience: (Read all the way through, saved the best for last)

Walking up to the place you may notice a giant black military truck with a smoker on the back. That's Bam-Bam. They do catering, on-site catering. Plus it's an old deuce and a half, so CLASSIC.

Walking in, VERY Veteran/Fire/Police/EMS friendly. Lots of stuff on the wall. The owner's son is a Marine, so they believe in treating veterans very well here. I can't recall I time I've gone here when there wasn't a couple of police vehicles lined up to grab a quick bite.

Walking up to the register, be sure to observe the metal troughs on your right with various glass bottled sodas: RC Cola, Big Red, Coke, Diet Coke, Dr Pepper, Grape Nehi, root beer, cherry sodas, etc. Total blast from the past. The bottle opener is just past the fountain drinks.

A quick scan of the menu, pick your meats, pick your sides. They have seasonal sides, so if you develop a favorite, don't be surprised if it's gone (wait til next year) and of course, the corn bread. After the VERY short wait, you collect your plastic ware and find your spot (don't forget to pop the top on that pop bottle on your way to your seat). Down you sit and a selection of six bbq sauces and vinegar. (They have other bbq sauces, but you have to ask. For some reason, Baja Bold is no longer at the table, but it's still there up by the ketchup bottles by the fountain drinks, or just ask your server)

Once you've gotten about halfway through your meal, someone is liable to come up and ask you if you enjoy it, making you feel like family. Sometimes it's the owners themselves, out with extra samplings of oh darn near anything, sides, meats, whatever. Then when you're done, and talking with your friends, your tray somehow disappears before you know it. I always try to beat them to it because it's just how I was raised (I can take my own plate to the sink/tray to the trash can)

BEST PART: I swung by one weekend and at noon, EVERYTHING in the place stopped. Everyone stood and rose for the playing of the Star Spangled Banner.

2 Thank Mjolnir117
“Great food”
Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

We have been here a few times and we are always so happy with the food and service. The macaroni and cheese and the creamed corn are the best.

2 Thank Cherolldzy