“Best Bar-B-Que Around”

Mission BBQ
Ranked #1 of 261 Restaurants in Glen Burnie
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Delivery
Description: A new restaurant approximately one month old.
Catonsville, Maryland
“Best Bar-B-Que Around”
Reviewed March 15, 2013

OMG! This is my favorite place to eat. I just love the food. I have tried just about everything on the menu and I have yet to be disappointed. They even have the Black Plate Special which is changed periodically. They also have seasonal sides which are to die for. I love the corn bread. A little sweetness and it has real corn pieces in it which most places don't do. The service is outstanding, they make you feel at home especially if you are a veteran in the military or serviceman in police, fire or rescue. I am a regular and I never get tired of the food. My usual is The Greens (large salad) and I get a side of mac & cheese or one of the seasonal ones, corn bread and a side of the the smoked turkey. But I like to change it up sometimes with the brisket or a pulled pork sandwich and sometimes the sausage. And the sauces are awesome too. There are many to choose from on the tables. There is one that goes great with the turkey, it's called the white Alabama Sauce, which you have to ask for at the counter. Everything is just awesome about this place. Everyday at noon they play the National Anthem as we all stand with our hands over our hearts. It is very patriotic and I miss that sometimes. We used to do that in schools everyday but even that is going by the way side. I think it is great what they are doing. If you get a drink pay the extra few dollars and get the Wounded Warrior Cup. You will be helping out our servicemen all over. Check it out for yourself. You won't be disappointed.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank Melissa S

Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Best BBQ east of Kansas City”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

I don't rave about many restaurants, especially barbeque, but Mission BBQ is the exception. I was in Glen Burnie on business at we ate there 2 days in a row. That says it all. Great smoke, meaty and lean. Just the way BBQ should be. Large portions and reasonable prices round off a great offering.

I'm surprised this hasn't been franchised, although that seems to ruin many great concepts. Clearly owned by a veteran as the decor is full of military decorations and insignia. This is a true blue apple pie American restaurant, so be prepared to stand for the national anthem that plays at noon.

Full but still easy to get served and find a table at lunch time. The counter staff was the most courteous group I have seen in any restaurant. Someone routinely patrols the floor with free samples of various offerings.

If you crave BBQ, this is the place.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank AccuracyFirst
Glen Burnie, Maryland
“So glad to this great place in the immediate neighborhood!”
Reviewed March 2, 2013 via mobile

Glen Burnie is a town with many restaurants where quantity tops quality. Finally we have a place where quality takes the lead! The portions are perfectly fine, yet it is taste where this place shines. The sides, meats, and even their vintage sodas in bottles hit the mark perfectly! And this place is so close I can walk there on snow days!

Annapolis, Maryland
“Just Excellent and AMERICAN!”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

I've been trying for almost 4 yrs to find a really good BBQ place in the Baltimore/Annapolis area and finally found one!!

The food is really good!! I would have to agree with the last review about the Brisket, I liked it more than the pulled pork because it litterally melts in your mouth. They have a good selection of sauces so you are gaurenteed to find one you like.

The lunch time service is second to none in the area. I work ~10-12 min away and this is the best place for lunch by far! I am a huge bbq fan so that might make myself slightly more bias to bbq.

Best fact: They have Sweet Tea!!! Which is hard to find North of southern VA.

• Visited January 2013
Spokane, Washington
“Fabulous BBQ - Patriotic Decor”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

We ran over for lunch, not only was the food fantastic.. the brisket melts in your mouth (you know how brisket can be overdone sometimes?) it was perfect. The bread pudding was like happiness in every bite. HOLY COW! You have got to try this seasonal side dish!

This restaurant gave $10K to the Wounded Warrior Project in May, and free sandwiches for Military Members on Veterans Day. They take sandwiches to local police/fire stations randomly to support the men and women in uniform. I was so impressed by their community spirit.

Can not say enough about this place.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Bissynut

Been to Mission BBQ? Share your experiences!