“Quality has been decreasing”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Poseidon Seafood Buffet - CLOSED

Cuisines: Chinese, Seafood, Asian, Sushi
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating
Baltimore, Maryland
“Quality has been decreasing”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

I have been to this restaurant several times since it has opened. Quality of food has been on the decline for some time. We go for the AYCE crab legs. Still a good deal for the price here. This last visit was very disappointing. The crabs were hot from the buffet, but some had been re-steamed, mushy, hard to get out of shell, just not cooked properly. Steamed shrimp also had same problem. The rest of menu items were below average to average at best. There are much better local choices for Chinese buffet. Overall quality of other seafood was below average. My only guess is that they could have changed cooks. I will give them another try when I am in the mood for AYCE crab legs, however, if quality has not improved.....I will say goodbye to Poseidon.

• Visited July 2013
3 Thank gr8cruz

Pasadena, MD
“Senior Special”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2012

My preference in buffet style eating in the Glen Burnie area. The layout is nice so that you can feel the ambiance of restaurant seating. Food choices are great for my taste, from fresh fruit through main course. I pass on desserts so no comment.

Visited July 2012
2 Thank Feetsie
Baltimore, Maryland
“Great Food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2012

We were looking for a seafood buffet near the Annapolis area and we found Poseidon. I have read wonderful reviews about this restaurant. The outside appearance of the establishment looks very generic. But when you go inside, it is very spacious and well-decorated and even well-lighted. They have a flat-screen tv and we were able to watch the olympics the whole time we were there. Even though that I have seen their foods (in the web), I was still surprised that they have a variety of foods. They have soups (clam chowder, maryland crab soup, eggdrop soup), bbq pork ribs and many more. I am very impressed.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank richqui
Piketon, Ohio
“Poseidon's Revenge”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2012

We were starving travelers looking for food to fill our bellies. We tried one restaurant and it was closed on Monday, so we were happy when we found a buffet. We quickly realized that it was a Chinese restaurant instead of a regular seafood restaurant. It was also in a strip mall, which should have been some indication of the quality, but the food looked good and we were hungry. After picking around two plates of food, my group came to the conclusion that it just wasn't that good. Everything tasted like it had been sitting out too long. My sister had some nice looking shrimp, but they just didn't smell right so she didn't eat them. The waitress was pretty rude as well when we didn't quickly fork over our drink tickets. The WORST part, however, was that a few miles down the road we barely made it to a gas station bathroom.

• Visited July 2012
“Never Again!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2012 via mobile

As a group, we decided to try this restaurant. We walked in & being this was our 1st time didn't know you go to the right to pay first then go to the left to be seated.
We were rudely told..."go over there & pay first". So we went to pay & we were told the the buffet prices were based off of height....where do they do that at?? This was a first for me.
So we walked back to the rude young girl & as I was telling her that we had a party of 12 she interrupted me & said "I need to see your receipt". We followed her to our seats where she started throwing & I mean she stood in one spot & literally tossed our folks across the table. At this time I said something & was ready to leave. The only reason I stayed is because we were in a group & I had no ride back. I had one plate & it was terrible. Not worth your time or money.

3 Thank cgoode39