“Stranded traveler saved by Day's Inn”

Days Inn Baltimore South/Glen Burnie
Ranked #5 of 6 Hotels in Glen Burnie
Reviewed January 12, 2011

Traveling in the winter can be plagued by unexpected delays. I found myself stranded in the Baltimore area for two days. Fortunately the airline suggested the Glen Burnie Day's Inn.

The incredibly helpful staff there, not only arranged transportation to and from the hotel via shuttle or taxi, but also offered their help as I made multiple attempts to find a flight home. Going so far as to offer to drive me to the airport in their personal vehicle.

I have found that good service is still quite common, but for the most part it begins when you walk in the door and ends when you depart. The staff at the Glen Burnie Days Inn continued to help this stranded traveler even after I was no longer a customer.

I can offer them no higher praise than to say that their staff was so gracious that I felt more like a neighbor or relative than a customer. Thank you so much for doing your very best to make my unexpected stay in Baltimore a positive experience.

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled on business
daysinngb, Manager at Days Inn Baltimore South/Glen Burnie, responded to this reviewResponded January 26, 2011

It was pleasure to have you as a guest. I feel honored by knowing that you found the treatment like a relative or neighbor. We always endeavor to provide excellent service to our guests. I am glad that we have been able to reduce the pain caused by disruption of the flights. We would also welcome your leisure or work related trips in future.

Reviewed January 5, 2011

I was pleasantly surprised by the decor of the guest rooms. They were clean and well appointed. The staff was very accommodating and suggested locations to sightsee and to dine.

• Stayed: January 2011

Dear Guest

Thank you for the positive feedback. We always want to exceed the expectations of our guests. We endeavor to provide value for money services to our guests. I am glad to know that you found our facilities clean and convenient. We would like to welcome you for the future trips.

Best Regards

Manager

Reviewed December 22, 2010

Like the title says, I got a fabulous king size bed.
Other positive points here:
The price was great, continental breakfast was predictable and acceptable. The property is located near a large chain grocery store and also many food establishments, so dinner choices are not a problem.
Also, they have the Military Channel, which I don't have at home. Awesome!
I will stay here the next time I come to the Brooklyn Park-Glen Burnie area.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
daysinngb, Manager at Days Inn Baltimore South/Glen Burnie, responded to this reviewResponded December 24, 2010

Dear Guest

Thank you for the positive feedback. We always endeavour to exceed the expectations of our guests and provide value for money accomodation. Your comments are an encouragement for our team. They provide us motivation to continue our best effort to provide clean facilities and excellent services every time and every day.

Reviewed December 14, 2010

I checked in about 4 p.m. I hadn't made previous reservations, but the nearly empty parking lot told me there were few guests. When I presented my AAA card and asked for the normal AAA discount, I was told there was no discount because I had already been given a "special rate". Okay, I wasn't happy about that, but I didn't really want to go driving around in the rain to look for another place, so I settled.

There was no heat on when I arrived at the room, and it was very cold, matching the ugly weather outside. I turned the heating unit on immediately and started trying to work, but although the network signal was loud and clear, there was no Internet once I was signed on to the network. No one seemed to know how to solve this problem, nor did they seem to know how to reset their router, so I had to go out in the rain anyway to find Internet service at the McDonalds down the street. (No, it was not my computer's fault, as they suggested, because I had been signed on to various public access points all day long.) Returning after about two hours, in which the room had not warmed enough to take off my overcoat, I called the front desk. Since there was no temperature control knob on the heater that I could turn, I thought perhaps she could send someone up to adjust the temperature somehow. She said there was no one else available in the hotel, so the only thing she could do was change my room. (It's only 6 p.m. in a huge hotel, and there is only one employee in duty in the whole place???)

The new room was the same size, but was missing the comfortable love seat and some of the lighting. (No price adjustment was offered, by the way.) Again, the heat was not on. In this room, the front of the heater seemed to be partly broken off and just hanging on by one side -- an ominous sign to be sure, as if someone had given it several swift kicks. I turned it on and hoped for the best. It ran noisily all night long, and the next morning the floors were still ice cold and I was still wearing my overcoat to be comfortable at all. Fortunately there were heavy enough covers on the bed that I could get some sleep. Still no Internet service.

I went down to see about breakfast so I could get checked out as soon as possible. The breakfast was purely carbs, mostly donuts and pastries, which isn't really practical for diabetics. There were a few bagels and a toaster, so I decided to try a bagel, but no knife with which to cut it and toast it. An attendant finally came and offered me a flimsy plastic knife, which broke in half as soon as I started to try and saw through the bagel with it. So much for breakfast. Back to McDonalds.

While on the Internet at McDonalds the night before, I had gone to the hotel site to see about this policy of AAA discounts and "special rates", and found that the AAA rate for the room I stayed in that night would have been $10 cheaper than the "special rate" I was given, but when I asked, no adjustment was offered.

The bed was comfortable, and the overall cleanliness was good, except for the elevator, which was filthy and unmaintained, with a broken lighting grille hanging in pieces, held together by wires.

It was an excellent location, which was very convenient for my needs, but regardless of how many times I return to the area, I will not consider staying there again.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo
daysinngb, Manager at Days Inn Baltimore South/Glen Burnie, responded to this reviewResponded December 22, 2010

Thank you for the feedback. We always endeavor to exceed the expectations of our guests and provide value for money accommodation to our customers. We also welcome the comments to continuously improve our provision. It seems that on this occasion your stay was less than our standards. It looks that a member of our team decided to change your room rather than waiting for maintenance person to identify the problem. The objective was to reduce the inconvenience. We provide wifi access in all of the rooms through twelve access points. They all have been reset.

We have been serving continental breakfast including four types of cereals, four types of juices, bagels, donuts, muffins and a variety of fresh fruits with tea and coffee which has been appreciated by previous reviewers. From last few weeks, we have added waffles, sausages, boiled egg and mash potatoes to our existing serving. We always honor AAA cards and provide the discount. I would like to investigate this matter. Could you please email me your name and the dates of the stay at daysinngb@gmail.com.

Our effort is to provide clean rooms and excellent services at competitive price and I hope that we shall fulfill your expectations in the next trip.

Reviewed December 4, 2010

Perfect for a short stay before or after a cruise from Baltimore. Friendly, courtious staff and efficient transportation to and from airport and cruiseport

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed November 5, 2010

Drove down to Baltimore for a wedding with my fiance and parents. Found it easily off main road. Excellent location - just about a 5 minute ride to Downtown Inner Harbor area. Safe local near resturants and shopping centers. Nice clean rooms, good beds, with mini-fridge, microwave and coffee maker. Great rates! Friendly and helpful staff. Free onsite parking and free continental breakfast.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed October 24, 2010

Most of my family was staying here for my brothers weddding in Severna Park Maryland! There was not a big choice for hotels in the area at all!
There for this hotel can have a pricy stay.. because for a days in shouldnt be $85/night!

The pool was closed and so was the hot tub very disappointing !
Their 2 bed rooms are double beds which was unfortuneate! Me and my spouse are used to our king bed so we did not sleep well and my mom and grandma had to share a double bed and my uncle and aunt had to share a double and we all did not sleep well ! The beds were comfy just too small!

the rooms were very small it was very uncomfortable for 4 people in 1 room be it adults or kids
good WIFI
The breakfast was decent and the front desk people were very helpful and overall very clean hotel!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glen Burnie
La Quinta Inn & Suites Baltimore South Glen Burnie
Hampton Inn Baltimore / Glen Burnie
Extended Stay America - Baltimore - Glen Burnie
Comfort Inn & Suites BWI Airport
Best Western Plus BWI Airport North Inn & Suites
Red Roof PLUS+ Baltimore - Washington DC/BWI Airport
Red Roof PLUS+ Baltimore - Washi...
#6 of 29 in Linthicum Heights

Been to Days Inn Baltimore South/Glen Burnie? Share your experiences!