“stay away”

Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Glen Burnie
new haven conn
“stay away”
Reviewed July 24, 2012

one word 'ROACHES" I killed three in my room and they tried to tell me they were mosquitos. mosquitos are not brown with legs. poor service they had no towels or washcloths they tols us they had to wash and ry them then we could get them. rooms smell like wet dog. don't go to this motel

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Although conveniently located near main highway and selection of restaurants nearby, hotel needs a major overhaul. Found room not clean (food on floor and few outdoors type bugs). Swimming pool chairs and ground around pool dirty. Have seen this property go downhill.

Travelers are raving about these Glen Burnie hotels

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 7, 2012

Spend the extra money and stay elsewhere. Hotel is outdated and the rooms smell like wet dog. The clientele at this hotel was very low. We felt like we were staying in the projects. During breakfast a girl sneezed on the food and never covered her mouth. People were cutting the line and had an attitude when confronted. Several clients were dirty, rude and trashy. The swimming pool chairs and the ground around the pool was dirty. Young men were hanging over the hotel balconies drinking beer and creeping on any female that moved. One young man had the nerve to say some inappropriate things to our teenage daughter right in front of us (her parents). I will NEVER stay or recommend this hotel to anyone!

1 Thank jamhost
Namur, Belgium
Reviewed July 5, 2012

Days Inn Glen Burnie is a practical place in between Baltimore Marshall Airport and Baltimore.
I would rate it as a 2-3 stars hotel; its convenient location close to Glen Burnie's commercial center, as well as its swimming pool being an advantage.
The windows are dirt, and that gave me a very bad feeling about neatness and cleanliness of the whole (therefore: 2 stars). Nevertheless, the bedrooms are kept clean, the maintenance personnel being dynamic and efficient.
Painting of the surroundings was on going during my stay, and it helps to correct the aspect of the surroundings.
Furniture, bathrooms and beddings meet my expectation vs. the price(=> rating 3 stars)
The desk suffered a bit of the training of a young employee - forgiven!- but the breakfast absolutely needs:
1. to be timely ready: while on business, you expect to get everything ready at the time it is announced.
2. of a better quality: except the waffels (see above: no access to it, as presented late), the sausages need to be suppressed - unless they change their supplier! Generally speaking, very low quality of what is presented. Breakfast area is a bit to small when the week-end customer invade the 10 small tables. This should be improved, too.
Curiously, you have to fill in while getting into the swimming pool area. They are recording data to make statistics. Possibly to adapt the shcedules to the customer's needs.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed July 2, 2012

The lobby and the front desk gave a good impression and I chose this hotel based on the reviews. However the classy ambience stopped at the lobby because as I went to my room the look of the place was more like a seedy motel. The room badly needed renovation and had a wierd smell. the amenities and the condiments were as cheap as cheap can be but what topped out my experience was an hour before my check out, an employee was using his key to open my room door to inform me that he had to thoroughly check the room before I left to make sure I didnt take anything. Sure! I cant wait to have my own one cup coffee machine with the nastiest cofee ever!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Tega Cay, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed June 26, 2012

I had never been to Baltimore before and booked my pre and post cruise stay at the Days Inn. When my flight arrived from Charlotte the shuttle arrived promptly to take me to the hotel. I arrived a little before check in but they allowed me into my room early! The check in process was was quick and easy as well. The room was very comfortable, clean and well stocked. The next morning I took the 10am transfer from the hotel to the cruise port which went smoothly. The driver loaded and loaded my luggage for me which was fantastic since I have a bad habit of over packing. After the cruise the shuttle was outside waiting on me and took us straight to the hotel. This time I arrived 3 hours before normal check in but they put me right in my room! My only complaint is that the pool closed at 8pm. Otherwise it was a fantastic stay and I would recommend this property to anyone!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Jennifer H
Pottstown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 26, 2012

I was searching for other hotels in the area and was reading such horrible reviews of vehicles being broken into. I almost was turned off to not finding a hotel in this area because of hearing that. This hotel was very nice. The room was reasonably clean and big. The pool area clean. It was very convenient and well priced. Lots of shopping in the area as well! Def the place to stay it is very close to everything.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glen Burnie
La Quinta Inn & Suites Baltimore South Glen Burnie
Extended Stay America - Baltimore - Glen Burnie
Hampton Inn Baltimore / Glen Burnie
Comfort Inn & Suites BWI Airport
Best Western Plus BWI Airport North Inn & Suites
Best Western Plus Hotel & Conference Center

Been to Days Inn Baltimore South/Glen Burnie? Share your experiences!