“great”

Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Glen Burnie
cumberland
“great”
Reviewed April 17, 2012

parking was availible for big tractor trailer truck room was large all was great

charles mattox r318 4/17/12

Room Tip: chech in to the days inn at glen burnie md
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Morgantown WV
Reviewed January 6, 2012

We choose this hotel for a shuttle to the cruiseport. We arrived pretty late on Saturday evening(I'd say it was 10pm) and got checked in quickly. When we inquired about the shuttle service we were told that it ran when it was needed, not on a regular schedule, and that we couldn't schedule it until the next morning. So, we got up early, told the front desk we would like a shuttle at 11:30 and then we went down around 11:20 to wait. At 12:20 the shuttle finally showed up. The driver was nice, quick, and efficient, but we had to make three u-turns on a major highway so he could also pick up people at La Quinta. When we returned from our cruise we called for the shuttle and were told "40 minutes." We waited over an hour to even see the shuttle and then had someone else(who said they had not called yet) grab the driver and fill the van with their belongings and family. We flagged the driver down and told him we had been waiting and he tried to squeeze us in, but it was 15 people in the two back seats. On the trip back we took 3 u-turns again to drop people off.

The room itself was nice and clean and we liked the area the hotel was in(really close to a Super Target and a gas station) but for the $120 we paid- we'll just park at the port the next time we cruise.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank smi2138
Akron, Ohio
Reviewed December 7, 2011

My boyfriend and I mainly booked this hotel because we were going on a 7 day cruise that left from Balitmore. We figured we would spend a day in Baltimore at the Aquarium and this hotel offered on their website (and when we called to confirm) a shuttle downtown, and a shuttle to the cruise port. When we talked to the woman at the front desk (which was nearly impossible because she barely understood English) about what time the shuttle leaves for downtown, she informed us that they DO NOT have a shuttle that goes downtown. We were angry and informed her that the website says so, plus we were told on the phone they did. So instead we got dropped off at a crappy train station and were left to fend for ourselves to try to get downtown and back.

I was not comfortable about how to get to your room you had to walk outside, where it was open to the public and anyone could try to get into your room. My boyfriend and I brought a bottle of champagne and couldnt even enjoy it cold because our fridge was broken and missing the knob to turn it on. We were woken up the next morning at about 6am by children that clearly werent being watched by their parents, running and screaming up and down the porch outside of the bedrooms, and then jumping up and down on the bed next door.

The breakfast was crammed in a small eating area. Waited 15-20 minutes in the waffle line because their was only 1 waffle maker and two little kids making 5 waffles each with no parental supervision.

I will never ever stay here again and I recommend people considering staying here to spend your money somewhere else.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Glen Burnie hotels

Moody
Reviewed November 9, 2011

My wife and I attended the Troy/Navy football game. We were at the hotel for 3 nights, Days Business Place room. Very nice, great bed, microwave & frig. Large room, deluxe continental breakfast, fitness center and personnel were friendly and helpful. All for $63 a night plus tax. Nice accomodations for reasonable rate.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Frederickeugene D
Mobile, Alabama
Reviewed November 8, 2011

We stayed here for a Navy Football game. It was about 30 minutes north of Annapolis, but didnt feel like paying the rediculous prices of staying in town. The location is right off the major highway that runs between Baltimore and Annapolis, so it was very convenient for us.

The facility was a little dated, but the room was a good size. Beds werent the best I have ever slept on, but i didnt expect them to for 62/night on a weekend.

the continental breakfast was pretty good- cereals/boiled eggs/pastries/sausage links.

This is not a 4* hotel. Don't go there expecting it to be. I went in expecting a 62$/night hotel and it met my expectations.

By the way, the front desk was very helpful and nice. I think the man working the two times i went down there was the general manager. He seemed to really enjoy helping people out. We needed directions to the Inner Harbor and he was very helpful. When I went down to check-out, he was helping a man that may have been quoted a price that was different than what he got and he rectified the issue immediately.

We stayed here two nights and were pleased with our stay (4 guys traveling a LONG distance for a football game). I would deffinately reccomend it because of the price and location, but there are a couple nicer hotels down the street, but i am sure that you will pay a lot more.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank tylero18
Pocomoke City, Maryland
Reviewed November 2, 2011

My husband became very ill on our flight into BWI and had to spend five days in an area hospital. I spent two nights in two different rooms in this hotel. My request for a room near the front door was granted. The rate was very reasonable, especially considering the rooms were furnished with two beds, fridge, microwave and comfortable chair. I felt safe staying there by myself. The free breakfast was typical. The desk clerk was very kind to me. He asked about my husband each night. We were under a Catagory 3 hurricane warning, and he even held a room open for me late in the day in case I needed to stay. (There were a lot of repair persons coming into the area to help after the storm.) The first room I stayed in was fine. It was clean and had everything I needed to be comfortable. In the second room, the chair had stains and so did the bed spread. I would stay there again, but ask to inspect the room first.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank curysue
Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed October 13, 2011

I was attending a conference at the Convention Center and decided to save a few pennies by staying out the in 'burbs. In the past, I stayed at properties within a ten minute walk of the conference. The price was reasonable, but the savings were negated by the logistics. The reviews seemed reasonable. Sometimes I wonder if I was staying in the same place as the people who reviewed it previously.

The free shuttle to and from the airport and light rail was a plus. Ritchie Highway and the nearby strip malls hum all night and really cut into my sleep. The room was not well maintained and had issues with mold. I had trouble breathing. The biggest problem was leakage from a heavy rain. Staff was trying to deal with the inundation, but the whole property seemed to be falling apart.

I doubt that I will stay here again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Hampton Inn Baltimore / Glen Burnie
Comfort Inn & Suites BWI Airport
Best Western Plus BWI Airport North Inn & Suites
Best Western Plus Hotel & Conference Center

Been to Days Inn Baltimore South/Glen Burnie? Share your experiences!