“Great room for the price”

Days Inn Baltimore South/Glen Burnie
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Glen Burnie
Reviewed November 9, 2011

My wife and I attended the Troy/Navy football game. We were at the hotel for 3 nights, Days Business Place room. Very nice, great bed, microwave & frig. Large room, deluxe continental breakfast, fitness center and personnel were friendly and helpful. All for $63 a night plus tax. Nice accomodations for reasonable rate.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Frederickeugene D

Reviewed November 8, 2011

We stayed here for a Navy Football game. It was about 30 minutes north of Annapolis, but didnt feel like paying the rediculous prices of staying in town. The location is right off the major highway that runs between Baltimore and Annapolis, so it was very convenient for us.

The facility was a little dated, but the room was a good size. Beds werent the best I have ever slept on, but i didnt expect them to for 62/night on a weekend.

the continental breakfast was pretty good- cereals/boiled eggs/pastries/sausage links.

This is not a 4* hotel. Don't go there expecting it to be. I went in expecting a 62$/night hotel and it met my expectations.

By the way, the front desk was very helpful and nice. I think the man working the two times i went down there was the general manager. He seemed to really enjoy helping people out. We needed directions to the Inner Harbor and he was very helpful. When I went down to check-out, he was helping a man that may have been quoted a price that was different than what he got and he rectified the issue immediately.

We stayed here two nights and were pleased with our stay (4 guys traveling a LONG distance for a football game). I would deffinately reccomend it because of the price and location, but there are a couple nicer hotels down the street, but i am sure that you will pay a lot more.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank tylero18
Reviewed November 2, 2011

My husband became very ill on our flight into BWI and had to spend five days in an area hospital. I spent two nights in two different rooms in this hotel. My request for a room near the front door was granted. The rate was very reasonable, especially considering the rooms were furnished with two beds, fridge, microwave and comfortable chair. I felt safe staying there by myself. The free breakfast was typical. The desk clerk was very kind to me. He asked about my husband each night. We were under a Catagory 3 hurricane warning, and he even held a room open for me late in the day in case I needed to stay. (There were a lot of repair persons coming into the area to help after the storm.) The first room I stayed in was fine. It was clean and had everything I needed to be comfortable. In the second room, the chair had stains and so did the bed spread. I would stay there again, but ask to inspect the room first.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank curysue
Reviewed October 13, 2011

I was attending a conference at the Convention Center and decided to save a few pennies by staying out the in 'burbs. In the past, I stayed at properties within a ten minute walk of the conference. The price was reasonable, but the savings were negated by the logistics. The reviews seemed reasonable. Sometimes I wonder if I was staying in the same place as the people who reviewed it previously.

The free shuttle to and from the airport and light rail was a plus. Ritchie Highway and the nearby strip malls hum all night and really cut into my sleep. The room was not well maintained and had issues with mold. I had trouble breathing. The biggest problem was leakage from a heavy rain. Staff was trying to deal with the inundation, but the whole property seemed to be falling apart.

I doubt that I will stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank bb_organic
Reviewed October 1, 2011

Excellent accommodations. Like others, I have had my share of hotels that lack in many areas. Some that I've checked out of as fast as in. It was so comforting to finally check in to a hotel that lived up to it's promises. Friendly, clean, quiet, accommodating, a breakfast with real food, and a room that had everything! Thank you for restoring my faith in value verses the dollar. They've sacrificed nothing and kept the rates affordable.
I highly recommend this hotel......

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank Patriotone
Reviewed September 20, 2011

Every one of my multiple stays at this hotel has been pleasent, except for one. The third floor room that I stayed in was disgusting! Other than that the rest of my visits (8 +) have been great. I will stay again. The front desk staff are wonderful, ecspecially Jay. Jay always has a bright smile and is super helpful. The breakfast is good too.

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank sixt9kid
Reviewed September 20, 2011

We recently spent one night at the Days Inn before a cruise. The rate was very reasonable considering it included hot breakfast and free shuttle to the cruise port. The room itself was a good size with bathroom sink separate. The inside part of the bathroom itself was very small though. One bedspread had a burn hole (non smoking room) and we found a large beetle on the ceiling, which we knocked down and disposed of. Other than that, the room was clean and the beds very comfortable. The staff was friendly. There were several reasonably priced restaurants and a Walgreens a short walk away.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Extended Stay America - Baltimore - Glen Burnie
Best Western Plus Hotel & Conference Center
Best Western Plus BWI Airport North Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites BWI Airport

Been to Days Inn Baltimore South/Glen Burnie? Share your experiences!