“I'd stay here again in a heartbeat!”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Baltimore South Glen Burnie
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Glen Burnie
Reviewed October 2, 2010

In June and July of this year I stayed at this hotel for a total of 30 nights, and it couldn't have been better. Excellent service from the moment I telephoned to make my reservation until the morning that I checked out guarantees that I will stay here the next time I have the need.
The room was comfortable and clean, the staff customer friendly, and the breakfast choices quite varied--including hard boiled eggs, which I love (and few hotels offer).

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn & Suites Baltimore South Glen Burnie

Reviewed September 28, 2010

I called ahead to make sure we would have a return shuttle to the airport and they assured me we would.
When we arrived to check in I saw the sign posted that the shuttle service began at 8:00 a.m. and ended at 10:00 p.m.
Thankfully they allowed me until 6:00 p.m. to cancel my reservation without penalty because we needed the shuttle that night at 10:30p.m. and the next morning at 6:30 a.m.
We had to drive to another location to find a hotel as this hotels shuttle services other area hotels as well. Very disappointed with this LQ.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
dipenp, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Baltimore South Glen Burnie, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2010

We regret that the guest had to cancel reservations with us but we have our shuttle policy mentioned on all websites and even at the front desk to avoid any confusion. The front desk clerks also know the timings and policy of shuttle operation and generally do a good job at effectively communicating the same. We do apologize to the guest for any miscommunication

Reviewed September 26, 2010

We stayed in this hotel for 4 nights in mid-September. I had reserved it through Hotwire and got a good price so didn't expect anything fancy. I picked Glen Burnie based on being near my family and this particular hotel, due to the breakfast and the airport shuttle. We also had a car for 2 of the 4 days.

Hotel shuttle was OK but is shared with the Days Inn so sometimes we had to wait a few extra minutes at the Light Rail or in the morning, with the drivers serving two hotels. Drivers were courteous however and got us to the Light Rail, car rental and Amtrak with no problem. The parking is expansive, so no problem with the car. The O's were playing the Yankees then so there were many baseball fans in town. I believe the hotel was full over the week-end (and it got a bit loud and raucous in the middle of the night --- hard to sleep a couple of nights with *fan-noise* until 2am).

The complimentary breakfast was excellent. More than I expected or usually eat. Plenty of selections, from eggs/sausage/potatoes/salsa to waffles and fruit and yogurt, bagels/toast/pastries and coffee and several juices and cereals. Nice bonus. Plus, plenty of room to sit down and eat as the breakfast is held in the hotel restaurant (which we were told was closed due to renovation but I saw no renovation in the bar or restaurant).

Due to the restaurant not being available, one night we had to walk across Ritchie Hwy to eat at Denny's as there isn't much around. When we got our car, we drove to Romano's (huge, varied menu), down the highway. Many stores and restaurants are about a mile-plus, south of La Quinta.

For us, the location was good (being close to family) but it's further away from the airport than the BWI hotels so may not work for others since you would be dependent on the shuttle in an area where there is very little that is walkable.

The hotel is newly renovated with current furniture/wall colors and flooring and dark furniture. The room was good-sized and had a king bed and comfortable chair and large desk, as well as microwave and refrigerator and flat-screen TV. Convenient and comfortable. The only thing we didn't like about the room is that they gave us a Handicapped Room (for reasons we don't know) and the bed had a plastic mattress cover (making sleeping loud and uncomfortable) and the shower was difficult to use, without flooding the bathroom. Also, the room and bed appeared clean but there were periodic ants wandering about. Also, one small item --- there is only one mirror in the unit (located in the bathroom) which makes it inconvenient for two people to get ready at the same time.

Service was friendly and helpful, with some hesitation (as if the staff was fairly new). The manager was very approachable, coming by in the morning to see how we liked the breakfast and if he could help us in any way. Some staff seemed to be confused about various things, such as the Handicapped Room --- the desk clerk said we were assigned a Handicapped Room and asked if we needed it. I said *no* we don't need it but, for some reason, we got it anyway. Thus, no place to put our toiletries, etc. Also, I washed our clothes on the last night and the washer didn't work properly (taking 3 times as long as it should) and the staff was confused as to what to do about it.

The wireless in the room is free and there are two available computers in the lobby. Pool had already closed for the season.

We would stay here again if we got another good deal but would likely only repeat if we had a car.

1  Thank MarlySF
Reviewed September 23, 2010

Clean, well-located with plenty of parking, free WiFi and decent breakfast. After my stay I received an online questionnaire about my experience there. I wrote that all was well but that the front desk person didn't understand my request to have my airline frequent flier plan entered into the system. I quickly got an e-mail from the manager who said he would take care of it. That kind of service is pretty rare these days and speaks volumes about how this property cares about its guests. I would definitely stay again. It's a bargain hotel that exceeds expectations, both in the quality of service and the room experience.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed September 21, 2010

Got picked up at the airport by the shuttle by a girl, i think her name was maria, but anyways she was most helpful and and made me feel very comfortable. She also works the front desk and was helpful there also. The breakfest was very nice. They had everything from coffee and doughnuts to eggs, sausage, homefries, waffels, juice and much more. The room was very nice. The only complaint i have is the key wouldn't let me in four different times and i had to keep going to the front desk to get it re-set. I talked to other people there who had the same problem, no excuse for that

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed September 7, 2010

Scary shuttle ride after waiting 1 hour from arrival, stained bed coverings, peeling tub, urine around bottom of toilet, and blood stained mattress cover over mattress covered in plastic covering. We refused to stay here after seeing two rooms. Third world country feeling...If you like "clean" I wouldn't stay here.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple

The guest had reservations at our Hotel but accidentally went to another hotel thinking they had reservations there. When we got a call from the other hotel that our guest accidentally went there, we sent our shuttle van immediately to pick them up even though that location did not fall on our regular shuttle route. When we checked them into a room, they did not like the room. We offered them another room which was also not liked by them. We were surprised at the guest’s reaction because the Hotel has brand new rooms that are clean, spacious, and loved by majority of our guests which is also evident by other reviews about our Hotel on TripAdvisor.com. The Housekeeping manager and the General Manager personally checked the rooms to see if everything was ok and did not find anything that was claimed by the guest. We still respected the guest’s decision to check out of the hotel and go to another hotel. We checked the guest out. We told the guest that we would even provide transportation to the hotel they liked to go to. At the time, since the shuttle was already on its way to pick up another guest from the airport, the General Manager actually dropped the guest off to the other Hotel in his personal car.

Reviewed September 7, 2010

Okay, First we booked the hotel based on free breakfast and a pool for the kids. Upon Arrival the hotel looked nice but I started to notice the little that were warning signs. First the floors were dirty and looked like they had been cleaned in week or more. After check-in before we got to our room we had to use the bathroom and both toilet were clogged and the bathroom wasn't clean. So, I left and just went to our room. The room looked nice and had everything you needed but the double beds were small for some reason. Okay, so here are my reasons for not staying there ever again or any La Quinta hotels! First, ants in the our bathroom! Second, the shuttle driver was suppose to take us to the Metro station. He ends up taking us to the BWI airport MARC station and dropped us off and after checking there was no METRO and the MARC doesn't run on weekends. You'd think the hotel would know this stuff. So, within 2 minutes I called the hotel to ask them to have the driver turn around and pick us back up! The hotel told us the driver was in the inner Harbor which was a total lie since the Harbor was 20min away and he just left. So, after 1hr and 15 later the shuttle driver shows back up and we ask again for him to take us to a METRO station. Since, he didn't speak good English and said, he didn't know where it was. We then just told him to take us back to the Hotel and we drive to the Metro station ourselves. We lost vacation time that could have been spent in D.C. Okay, there is more! The hotel allow dogs! So, that being said, we got bitten by fleas around our ankles. Upon our checkout I was checking the room for lost toys and I find a mouse hole in the corner wall. The mouse had eaten into the room or out of the room at one time or another. I told the front desk and they had the nerve to say it was a wire hole. I live the country and know a mouse hole and this was a mouse hole. So, with fleas, ants and a mouse hole it was not a pleasant room at all. The front made no attempt to correct the issues and by the time the offer a new room we were checking out. Yes, this hotel offer alot but it not worth the money you will spend getting rid of fleas at your house. I had to treat my van for fleas if that tells you anything. So, BEWARE!!!!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Glen Burnie
Hampton Inn Baltimore / Glen Burnie
Extended Stay America - Baltimore - Glen Burnie
Days Inn Baltimore South/Glen Burnie
Comfort Inn & Suites BWI Airport
La Quinta Inn & Suites Baltimore BWI Airport
La Quinta Inn & Suites Baltimore...
#11 of 29 in Linthicum Heights
Best Western Plus Hotel & Conference Center

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Baltimore South Glen Burnie? Share your experiences!